Image to NBTV

Forum for discussion of narrow-bandwidth mechanical television

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

Image to NBTV

Postby Colin-JB » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:39 am

Hello everyone,

It's been some time since I last touched anything NBTV related, too many problems in real life needed attention. Finally life is resembling some kind of normality again and I was earlier looking through some old hard drive back ups and found some of my NBTV related material. This has got me back in the mood for working on some projects again :)

I saw a post of mine from several years back about an animated indent/test card I had made and promptly downloaded the attachment. So I now know what my next task is. However there is a problem, I'm missing a piece of software. I don't know where I got it from, I don't know what it was called, but there was a brilliant small program that converted an image into NBTV format. I have tried searching for it online, but no results.

Can anyone help me locate this? I know work arounds, but it seems a shame to waste time doing things the long way when someone made a program to make life easy!

Regards,

Colin
Colin-JB
Laboratory Assistant

Re: Image to NBTV

Postby Robonz » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:45 am

Hi Colin

Great to hear you are getting back in the groove. Here is how I would do it. Load the image you want into windows movie maker. Set the duration for how long you want to run. Export to a movie file. Then use Gary's software to convert it to NBTV.
http://users.tpg.com.au/users/gmillard/nbtv/nbtv.htm

Maybe someone will chime in with a better way to do it.

Cheers
Keith
Robonz
Evil Genius

Re: Image to NBTV

Postby gary » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:14 pm

Robonz wrote:Hi Colin

Great to hear you are getting back in the groove. Here is how I would do it. Load the image you want into windows movie maker. Set the duration for how long you want to run. Export to a movie file. Then use Gary's software to convert it to NBTV.
http://users.tpg.com.au/users/gmillard/nbtv/nbtv.htm

Maybe someone will chime in with a better way to do it.

Cheers
Keith

There is no need to convert to a movie file, Video2NBTV accepts most image formats and just keeps repeating the frame for as long as you want.
gary

Return to Mechanical NBTV