Linear Sweep Using Tubes for 60-Line CRT Display

Forum for discussion of narrow-bandwidth mechanical television

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

Re: Linear Sweep Using Tubes for 60-Line CRT Display

Postby Harry Dalek » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:18 pm

Thanks Steve pity they are gone i hate to have a really good look at whats gone missing !
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Postby Steve Anderson » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:53 pm

Harry, I've just looked through a couple of threads I started off going back to 2009, all the photos, diagrams etc. are still there. Possibly the original poster deleted them - for what reason? Who knows?

Have you come across any other threads with missing attachments?

I also note that the guy who started this thread closed down his web-site some time back - or someone closed it for him.

Steve A.
Steve Anderson

Postby gary » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:53 pm

Those photos weren't uploaded to this site. They were a link to an external site: http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii15 ... Raster.jpg which apparently no longer exists.
gary

Postby Harry Dalek » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:52 pm

Hi Steve and Gary

Having a look i am not sure about these just every now and again you come across pages like this .
Oh well most of it is still there which is good /
I don't like the idea here today gone tomorrow :shock:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek

Postby Steve Anderson » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:52 pm

Harry Dalek wrote:I don't like the idea here today gone tomorrow :shock:

...and quoting myself...
Steve Anderson wrote:...nothing on the 'net is permanent.

...this is a prime example...

Steve A.
Steve Anderson

Postby gary » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:46 pm

I would be surprised if those last few images are not on this site somewhere - it looks to me that the links weren't converted during the upgrade because the format of the links for those images (which are to a location on this site e.g. http://www.taswegian.com/NBTV/images/televisor.jpg) are in a different format to that which we have now.

It's been a while so I could be mistaken but I am almost sure there was a way you could look at all the uploads you had made (similar to the show all your posts but just for uploads, images, videos etc) but I can't find that now. Does anyone know anything about that?
gary

Postby Harry Dalek » Mon May 04, 2015 7:27 pm

gary wrote:I would be surprised if those last few images are not on this site somewhere - it looks to me that the links weren't converted during the upgrade because the format of the links for those images (which are to a location on this site e.g. http://www.taswegian.com/NBTV/images/televisor.jpg) are in a different format to that which we have now.

It's been a while so I could be mistaken but I am almost sure there was a way you could look at all the uploads you had made (similar to the show all your posts but just for uploads, images, videos etc) but I can't find that now. Does anyone know anything about that?

Hi Gary

User Control Panel then Overview then Manage Attachments....i didn't know about this and had a look and yes all uploads look to be there .
Harry Dalek

Postby gary » Mon May 04, 2015 8:43 pm

Thanks Harry, I did look there but for some reason I didn't see it until you named it. Maybe it was called something different before and my brain didn't kick. Most likely it was probably just a senior's moment...

PS That second lot of missing images were in what appears to be a "special" directory that no longer exists. The "wayback machine" shows what was in it:
http://web.archive.org/web/201105230407 ... TV/images/
gary

Postby Harry Dalek » Mon May 04, 2015 9:05 pm

Yes Gary it looks like some things are lost forever .....which is sad or lucky for some .
Something like the pictures movies on our forum might be still around on a few personal computers till either its deleted or forgotton and discarded.....i suppose its as Steve mentioned its up to the owner to remove or replace back and download any thing you like just in case . :wink:
Harry Dalek

Postby gary » Mon May 04, 2015 9:30 pm

Yes, but I also think it's important to recognise the difference between the first missing pictures and the second.

In the case of the first it was the "owner" who removed the pictures and he seems to have deliberately removed all his content from around the internet, e.g. YouTube. I think under those circumstances you can say they are probably gone for good.

In the second case I think it was just a matter of a temporary (or "secret") repository being accidentally left behind in the upgrade. It would not surprise me if those images still exist somewhere on the server, but in any case I would be surprised if an email to Dan couldn't recover those images and probably more. He is a damn nice chap is Dan.
gary

Previous

Return to Mechanical NBTV