Edging a televisor Badge

Forum for discussion of narrow-bandwidth mechanical television

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

Edging a televisor Badge

Postby DrZarkov » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:50 pm

Thanks to Lawnboy we have now the measurements of the original Baird televisor. The most difficult part ist to make the badge with the "Eye of the World" trademark.
This is a first attempt I've made together with a friend of mine. He is working in a factory with big machines for edging steel. So this badge is made of stainless steel. It is looking good, but but not very original.

How did Baird made the badge? It is looking like copper or bronce pored into a mold. Which material is it really? How is it made?
Attachments
televisor-plakette.jpg
televisor-plakette.jpg (38.97 KiB) Viewed 5131 times
DrZarkov
I think I've had a cranial implosion.

Postby Lawnboy » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:58 pm

here is a full-res picture of the badge from the televisor i measured. it shows some of the details. the lighting in the museum wasnt the best for close-up work, so some of the finest details are still obscured. the flat part of the badge are not smooth. it almost looks like pellets of bronze (or whatever metal it is made of) were poured into the mold, but i doubt that is the case.
Attachments
CIMG4270.JPG
(1.49 MiB) Downloaded 220 times
Lawnboy
Just nod and pretend you understand me

Postby DrZarkov » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:19 pm

Thank you very much, that will be a lot of work to make a good mold or to reproduce the badge with help of a fabber...

Do you think the people at the museum will become angry, if you make an impression of the badge with some clay or plaster? :wink:
DrZarkov
I think I've had a cranial implosion.

Postby Lawnboy » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:02 am

i could always ask. the trouble is that i dont know when i will get back out there. its not exactly close to home and it can be hard to get away with my work schedule.
Lawnboy
Just nod and pretend you understand me

Return to Mechanical NBTV