The national anthem

Forum for discussion of narrow-bandwidth mechanical television

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

The national anthem

Postby Harry Dalek » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:23 pm

The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Postby DrZarkov » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:54 am

Thank you very much, that fits perfectly in my christmas DIY project: My own Theremin. Basing on a cheap japanese "Gakken" Theremin (that red thing on the left), I've improved it a lot: better antenna (which improved the sound really a lot), better speaker, volume control, second antenna for earthing the Theremin, connection for transformator, and of course a wooden box.
Attachments
theremin1.jpg
theremin1.jpg (54.05 KiB) Viewed 5555 times
DrZarkov
I think I've had a cranial implosion.

Postby Harry Dalek » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:53 am

DrZarkov wrote:Thank you very much, that fits perfectly in my christmas DIY project: My own Theremin. Basing on a cheap japanese "Gakken" Theremin (that red thing on the left), I've improved it a lot: better antenna (which improved the sound really a lot), better speaker, volume control, second antenna for earthing the Theremin, connection for transformator, and of course a wooden box.

That was the first electronic music really ,I like the little wooden box one did you make the box ...i will have to google The Gakken i have not heard of that version before ....looks good you should stick a few wav files up on off topic.
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Postby Lowtone » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:46 am

r a d i o P T T v i s i o n
Lowtone
Just nod and pretend you understand me

Return to Mechanical NBTV