NBTV news letter

Forum for discussion of narrow-bandwidth mechanical television

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

Postby Metallica Man X » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:50 pm

gary wrote:I have read that in parts of late 19th century London mail was delivered up to 8 times a day - I guess that was the Victorian version of today's email.

That's old school texting right there :lol:
I mostly lurk..don't be surprised when I actually post!
Metallica Man X
Master Craftsman

Postby Dave Moll » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:10 am

Steve Anderson wrote:unlike everywhere else I've lived it comes at midday, not early morning.

You would feel right at home here then. My mail usually arrives between 11:30 and 12:30. It largely depends, of course, on how far down the postie's walk one's box is. The end of the walk can be anywhen up to about 14:00 - which has the advantage that I can sometimes catch him if I have missed a parcel delivery.
Dave Moll
Anyone have a spare straightjacket?

NBTV news letter

Postby grahamhunt » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:03 am

Aprils copy arrived this morning with full details on convention Am taking my two colour moniter hope it servives the journey
grahamhunt
Master Craftsman

Postby Dave Moll » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:07 am

Amazingly, it reached me in the wilds of Cumbria yesterday!
Dave Moll
Anyone have a spare straightjacket?

Postby gary » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:12 pm

I was just wondering if any overseas members have received their newsletter yet?
gary

Postby Steve Anderson » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:26 pm

Vol. 37 No.3 arrived here on the 21st April. Why to Oz such a long delay?

I don't suppose any decisions were reached at the convention r.e. a soft-format version, at least for the likes of Gary...

Steve A.
Steve Anderson
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Postby gary » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:30 pm

Steve Anderson wrote:Vol. 37 No.3 arrived here on the 21st April. Why to Oz such a long delay?

Steve A.

Thanks Steve, it's variable but this one seems to be very late... I fear something may have gone wrong.

Harry, if you read this can you let me know if you have received yours please? If so I'll have to contact someone in the club (not sure who though).

Cheers.
gary

Postby Steve Anderson » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:41 pm

gary wrote:...If so I'll have to contact someone in the club (not sure who though).

I would suggest Jeremy, he seems to be the one who deals with the printers/baggers/posters.

Steve A.
Steve Anderson

Postby Harry Dalek » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:48 pm

gary wrote:
Steve Anderson wrote:Vol. 37 No.3 arrived here on the 21st April. Why to Oz such a long delay?

Steve A.

Thanks Steve, it's variable but this one seems to be very late... I fear something may have gone wrong.

Harry, if you read this can you let me know if you have received yours please? If so I'll have to contact someone in the club (not sure who though).

Cheers.

Gary i got the newsletter a week or 2 ago so does not sound good !
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek

Postby gary » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:51 pm

Ok, cheers, thanks for that - I think it may have been sent to my old address, I was fairly sure the last one came here, but I had my redirection going then so...
gary

Previous

Return to Mechanical NBTV