NBTV Newsletter.

Forum for discussion of narrow-bandwidth mechanical television

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

Postby gary » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:06 am

Happiness is a new NBTV newsletter :-)
gary

Postby Harry Dalek » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:28 pm

Got mine today very good issue !
Only few pics of the last convention but it was nice to see a few of the people past and present i know from this forum in the pics .
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Postby Steve Anderson » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:39 pm

Yes, I too thought that V37 #4 was arguably the best ever, forgetting my contribution. I have passed on already (a few days ago) the general feeling expressed here in this thread to which Jeremy replies...

Thanks for conveying very kind comments on newsletter. These are much appreciated.

But, as ever, he needs material for the next issue...

Steve A.
Steve Anderson

Postby Steve Anderson » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:35 pm

Gents, I received the following form Jeremy on the 10th January this year amongst other matters...

Hi Steve . The first newsletter of 2013 is nearly put together right now. The second one should be released in time to publicise an April convention.
Best regards, Jeremy

So, anytime soon one hopes....

As far as any arrangements for the convention are concerned, as soon as I hear I will (or you) place them here in this thread...

Steve A.
Steve Anderson

Postby Steve Anderson » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:52 pm

Gents, a further overnight update from Jeremy...

Hi Steve

Thanks for this - your message comes at a useful time because I can tell you the forthcoming newsletter is still not out, due to family illness, which in turn has delayed my confirming positively the UK convention date and venue (98% confident as April 13th, Loughborough.). So this present issue will be February and the newsletter after this one will be correspondingly later to allow accumulation of submissions.

Regards

Jeremy.

Please note the convention date is not 100% confirmed, but it allows you to pencil it into your diary.

Steve A.
Steve Anderson

Postby Steve Anderson » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:11 pm

Those of you who have received the latest newsletter (Vol. 38 No. 1) will know that the convention is to be held on the 13th April 2013 at the usual venue in Loughborough, i.e. it is confirmed.

Those who have yet to receive their copy, it should arrive soon. Mine turned up a few days ago.

Steve A.
Steve Anderson

Postby Panrock » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:27 pm

Will we be seeing you there this year, Steve A ?

:)

Steve O
Panrock
Green padded cells are quite homely.

Postby Steve Anderson » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:49 pm

Panrock wrote:Will we be seeing you there this year, Steve A ? Steve O

I very much doubt it for two reasons (at least), 1) A major refurbishment and expansion of our house here currently underway. 2) An impending project in the Philippines which will keep me busy for at least a year.

Before I expire I will make it though!! The UK is such a pain to get to when it's 10,000km away. And that's just for me, think of the guys in Australia...

It's also always in April which is usually one of my busiest months, companies assign budgets to start on March 31st, that's when they start to spend, the quiet time is November to end March.

Steve A.
Last edited by Steve Anderson on Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Anderson

Postby Panrock » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:03 pm

Only asked because there seemed to be some prospect of this some months ago, but of course life takes many twists and turns. Please don't feel pressured. :)

Enjoy the Philippines. I never felt very safe in Manila (tho' this was 23 years ago) and then there was a big earthquake... quite a fun holiday really. Going OT now.

Steve O
Panrock
Green padded cells are quite homely.

Postby Steve Anderson » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:07 pm

I agree. When there's security outside your hotel with pump-action shotguns and the guys in gold shops are all armed...it does give you a sense of unease...but I've never had a problem there...as of yet...

Steve A.

Though Manilla pales into insignificance when I compare the stories that fellow freelancers have told me about Lagos (Nigeria)...I have never been to Lagos, and that's the way I wish it to stay...
Steve Anderson

Postby Dave Moll » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:30 pm

Steve Anderson wrote:Those of you who have received the latest newsletter (Vol. 38 No. 1) will know that the convention is to be held on the 13th April 2013 at the usual venue in Loughborough, i.e. it is confirmed.

Those who have yet to receive their copy, it should arrive soon. Mine turned up a few days ago.

Steve A.

Mine arrived yesterday. Interesting that Bangkok was reached before the wilds of Cumbria!
Dave Moll
Anyone have a spare straightjacket?

Postby Steve Anderson » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:38 pm

Dave Moll wrote:Mine arrived yesterday. Interesting that Bangkok was reached before the wilds of Cumbria!

Cumbria, visions of Grouse and Pheasant shooting, how I miss it...and the meal afterwards...
Steve Anderson

Postby Andrew Davie » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:00 am

Arrived in Tasmania today.
Andrew Davie
"Gomez!", "Oh Morticia."

Postby Viewmaster » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:35 am

Probably off topic but it's in the newsletter and I'm constructing it.
Karen Orton has a Mk2 version of her NBTV to video converter. (page 11/12).

In the original cct all the R's in the DAC were 1% tolerance.

In the latest version there is no tolerance mentioned except the 820 ohm
R on pin 26 which has a tolerance of 2% in parallel with a nil tolerance R of 15k.
Are all the others on pins 21/22/23/24/25 now no longer 1% ?
“One small step for a man,"......because he has Arthritis.
Albert.
Viewmaster
Frankenstein was my uncle.

Postby aussie_bloke » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:21 pm

I've renewed my membership around 14th January (I think) and am yet to receive my NBTV newsletter. If there's a database log of sent newsletters to individuals, I would like for the admin or head of the club to check if one has been posted to me (Troy Walters) please?
aussie_bloke
Just nod and pretend you understand me

PreviousNext

Return to Mechanical NBTV