NBTVA Newsletter Options.

Forum for discussion of narrow-bandwidth mechanical television

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

How would you prefer to receive the NBTVA Newsletter?

In the current printed copy, posted.
45%
As a file e-mailed to you or a download.
55%

Total votes : 11

Postby AncientBrit » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:45 pm

I'm with Albert.

Losing Steve A (and possibly others) from the NBTVA would be a great loss.

I agree though it's a pity there are such fervently held views on not publishing a pdf version of the Newsletter.
I prefer a hard copy but I could always print off a hard copy.
The NBTVA magazine is the only one I now file intact.
All other magazines, CQTV included, come under the knife.
I only keep the odd interesting article.

Neither do I understand why some NBTVA members view this forum with such disdain.

Regards,

Graham
AncientBrit
Green padded cells are quite homely.

Postby Harry Dalek » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:38 pm

AncientBrit wrote:I'm with Albert.

Losing Steve A (and possibly others) from the NBTVA would be a great loss.

I agree though it's a pity there are such fervently held views on not publishing a pdf version of the Newsletter.
I prefer a hard copy but I could always print off a hard copy.
The NBTVA magazine is the only one I now file intact.
All other magazines, CQTV included, come under the knife.
I only keep the odd interesting article.

Neither do I understand why some NBTVA members view this forum with such disdain.

I find it strange its a win win situation how much cheaper to do it all electronic and yes i agree you want a hard copy print one out .
If you are a member of some thing there tends to be a voting system in place to change things if you are a member of a system where theres no choice makes you loose interest because you are a member of something that doesn't care .
I expect who ever deals with all this may not take notice of Steve's on line voting Poll which would be a pity/
Why is it they hate the forum ? Who are these faceless heretics ?
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Postby Steve Anderson » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:19 pm

It certainly is cheaper to send a .pdf than print, bag and post the newsletter. But are we looking for a reduction in fees? Not here. I'm happy to continue with the current subscription rates however I receive the newsletter.

One of my concerns is the 'system'. The NBTVA as it gestated was a UK-centric organ. A large percentage could make it to the convention/AGM. That has changed. And those that cannot attend who are all fully paid-up members have no voice.

Surely that needs to be addressed.

And I'm not talking exclusively about the item under discussion here, but the election of officers and whatever else may happen at the AGM (Of which I don't know). We simply don't know until after the fact.

There have been several other valid points raised by others in this thread alone, others in various other threads too.

Steve A.
Steve Anderson
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Previous

Return to Mechanical NBTV