Light globes and modulation possible via a different way

Forum for discussion of narrow-bandwidth mechanical television

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

Light globes and modulation possible via a different way

Postby Harry Dalek » Mon May 20, 2013 1:25 am

I know a while back its been talked about trying to use Incandescent light bulb for NBTV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsBtEFaECmc

See above link its showing Electricity and Magnetism on a old type Light Bulb...
On Dc and AC voltage its showing that magnetism effects the electrons as we all know ......its using and old globe just to show the mechanical effect ,what we would be interested in is modulating this globe replacing the magnet with an electro magnet with the globe powered by dc so sort of doing the reverse ac on the out side effecting the inside .

I am not sure it effects the brightness of the light ? but the light would be modulated by the sound i think .

Been working on a lighting problem for my current project and trying to think out side the box even if its just good for a light transmitter experiment its interesting ..thinking of using speak coils or a tv yoke same sort of experiment as below but a HV globe and and solar cell other end .

Wondering if a todays mains operated globe would be a problem as valve uses mains ac at 6v other wise you would getting a mains hum from the valve so must not be able to transmit the 50 hz our case the old one in the you tube video its very interesting to see that mains frequency can be transmitted by this globe .

I have been experimenting in mechanical ways for a start tried worst case speaker mic ,wanted to see how much bandwidth is lost if any trying both ways before trying mechanical and light transmitter communication of the past .
One pc transmitting to a speaker (tried different sizes ) to a crystal microphone to the second pc to two mechanical paths ....used Garys first live NBTV program which seems best used for this ...well i can say that it sort of works very badly best case letters can just be made out the speakers can not do the band width i suppose and transducers would be the way to go on sound .
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Return to Mechanical NBTV