Experiments in Resonance

Forum for discussion of narrow-bandwidth mechanical television

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

Postby Harry Dalek » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:28 pm

I am just working on go number 2 experiment of the X Y vibrating mirrors this time trying 2 solenoids as electromagnets ,i know the large one is fine for half line frequency,the small one is for the horizontal seems to work fine tried amplifying the resonance with longer plate not sure if that is a good or bad thing yet as in vibrating accuracy see when i do a laser test .

In the photos just putting it together may have to adjust the position of the electromagnets and such to get the laser reflecting correctly .

I also need to try resizing of the vibrating steel plates i am using more than likely 4 times the size they could be, the length is adjustable so thats not a real problem adjusting them i can see when it resonates best.
Attachments
DSCN0656.JPG
The steel plate vibrating low nbtv Horizontal freq
DSCN0656.JPG (212.11 KiB) Viewed 4826 times
DSCN0658.JPG
DSCN0658.JPG (157.48 KiB) Viewed 4826 times
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Postby Harry Dalek » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:55 pm

I did end up changing the position of the horizontal low frequency electromagnet just to get the laser reflecting right for these tests.

Adjusting the low frequency you get these Lissajous curves seems the vibrating plates are workable so far.

Just seeing one step at a time how it gos .
Attachments
DSCN0680.JPG
Had to adjust the design a little to get the laser bouncing off the mirrors right
DSCN0680.JPG (179.38 KiB) Viewed 4808 times
DSCN0678.gif
Adjusting low frequency electromagnet
DSCN0678.gif (7.5 MiB) Viewed 4808 times
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Previous

Return to Mechanical NBTV