Motors And Motor Speed

Forum for discussion of narrow-bandwidth mechanical television

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

Motors And Motor Speed

Postby Violinistwarrior » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:00 am

It was so nessesary for me to explore my inner child and create this 32 line TV, however I'm using what ever Junk Motor I had from an old 8Track Tape Deck. My last attempt was an old PC FAN, no go. I relized the disk was a bit smaller than the average size cause my printer had shrunk it, does that make a difference? Anyhow I've made a new disk and I'll let you know.
Violinistwarrior
"Fester, enough of the light-bulbs!"

Re: Motors And Motor Speed

Postby Steve Anderson » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:26 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry for the delay in approving your post, I have been out of contact with the 'net for a week. Things are back to normal now so it shouldn't happen again.

Steve A.

A reminder...All new members have to have their first few messages approved, it's an attempt to deter spammers, so far it appears to be working.
Steve Anderson
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Postby gary » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:23 pm

Violinistwarrior wrote:. I relized the disk was a bit smaller than the average size cause my printer had shrunk it, does that make a difference?

It will just make the picture a little smaller that's all.

Welcome and good luck.
gary

Postby Violinistwarrior » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:10 am

I have an 18-Volt Adaptor running the L.E.D's with some resistance, the Adaptor is also pluged directly into a 12volt Regulator driving the Motor and the remainder of the Voltage is then wired into a 5 Volt Regulator running the Transistor Circuit witch serves as a Sound Detector Allowing the L.E.D.'s to Flash. Finally the Audio Amplifier is a 6Volt Amp witch also runs fine with the 5 Volt Regulator. I don't have any heat sinks but it's not much I may have to be causious about that. I just don't know yet if the Motors up to speed, I've tried a seperate 9-10volts and somewhere in that range it works. It took me awhile before I had all my Test Images made and as soon as I made my new Disk, "WOW!" Plain Stiff Paper, Inkjest/Artist Paper, then a couple coast from a Black Spray Can both sides. The speed of the motor keeps it all level.
Violinistwarrior

Postby Violinistwarrior » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:26 am

HURRAY! YAHOO! I Got it working!, All I need is some brightness but that's only Switch to Hight Brightness White L.E.D.'s Thanks for all your support and helpfull info. I will have to take pictures of things when I get to that.
Violinistwarrior

Postby gary » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:04 am

Violinistwarrior wrote:HURRAY! YAHOO! I Got it working!, All I need is some brightness but that's only Switch to Hight Brightness White L.E.D.'s Thanks for all your support and helpfull info. I will have to take pictures of things when I get to that.

Congratulations!, yes pics please (or it didn't happen! ;-)).
gary

Return to Mechanical NBTV