120 line viewer

Forum for discussion of narrow-bandwidth mechanical television

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

120 line viewer

Postby Gregory » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:31 am

Does anyone know of a 120 line viewer, so far I have only found for 60 lines
I have found Video2nbtv V3 for converting to 120 lines but I would like to have a player for this
Gregory
Misunderstood Genius

Re: 120 line viewer

Postby gary » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:11 pm

The 120 Line FSC format is HIGHLY experimental and was included with Video2NBTV in error.

I have a "special" programme that I use to test new formats with but it is not "user friendly" enough for general use.

However there have been a number of expressions of interest in this format so in the spirit of encouraging experimentation I have knocked up a simple viewer.

In addition to that there were a few errors associated with the "in error" release (although the video itself is fine). These have been corrected.

To use this format unzip the attached zip file. It contains 120FSCPlayer, which you can extract to anywhere suitable to yourself. You can run it by just double clinking on it.

In addition it contains 120FSCRenderer.ren which needs to replace the existing 120FSCRenderer.ren in "C:\Program Files\NBTVA\Video2NBTV-V3" (or where ever you chose to install Video2NBTV-V3.

Note: This format is HIGHLY experimental, it does work well (on my machine), but, as it is VERY resource intensive, it may not run on every machine, modern machines will work fine, modern OS's not necessarily.

Have a go - there is nothing much to lose.
Attachments
120FSCPlayer.zip
(30.68 KiB) Downloaded 714 times
gary

Postby Harry Dalek » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:37 pm

Works great Gary ,i am still using windows 7 and works fine on that .
The last filter it slows the video a bit but my computer is a few years old ...i don't think you will get any complaints ! A thank you from Harry !
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Postby gary » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:27 pm

Harry Dalek wrote:The last filter it slows the video a bit but my computer is a few years old ...i don't think you will get any complaints ! A thank you from Harry !

Yes it does on mine as well - lot's of processing, but if you reduce the size of the picture it gets better.

Thanks for the feed back.
gary

Postby Gregory » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:03 am

gary wrote:The 120 Line FSC format is HIGHLY experimental and was included with Video2NBTV in error.

I have a "special" programme that I use to test new formats with but it is not "user friendly" enough for general use.

However there have been a number of expressions of interest in this format so in the spirit of encouraging experimentation I have knocked up a simple viewer.

In addition to that there were a few errors associated with the "in error" release (although the video itself is fine). These have been corrected.

To use this format unzip the attached zip file. It contains 120FSCPlayer, which you can extract to anywhere suitable to yourself. You can run it by just double clinking on it.

In addition it contains 120FSCRenderer.ren which needs to replace the existing 120FSCRenderer.ren in "C:\Program Files\NBTVA\Video2NBTV-V3" (or where ever you chose to install Video2NBTV-V3.

Note: This format is HIGHLY experimental, it does work well (on my machine), but, as it is VERY resource intensive, it may not run on every machine, modern machines will work fine, modern OS's not necessarily.

Have a go - there is nothing much to lose.

Many thanks Gary - I downloaded the files and it works a treat
Gregory
Misunderstood Genius

Postby gary » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:53 am

Gregory wrote:Many thanks Gary - I downloaded the files and it works a treat

thumbs up.png
thumbs up.png (12.14 KiB) Viewed 17701 times
gary

Postby McGee2021 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:49 am

I may be an experimental viewer, but ive started to use it to much! Ive made many videos using Video2NBTV V3 on 120 line fsc, and i went to the viewer, tried to open a video, and it just froze! it has only happened to me since i updated my computer to this dreaded windows 10. otherwise, it worked perfectly before! just wanted to inform you in case you would like to know of any issues on the program, gary :lol:
Fun times, ain't it?
McGee2021
Just nod and pretend you understand me

Postby Harry Dalek » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:35 pm

HI Gary i have no idea :roll: ....but is it possible to add other line systems to Big Picture ?
I think it would be a useful tool for mechanical cameras to have a live viewer for different line rates...a live version would be great to test projects out .. wondering if theres any thing to look forward to on this front....not many Nbtver's do your programing .
Any case least we have yours and Dom's software to help us as is .
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek

Postby Steve Anderson » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:49 pm

Yes, having migrated from Win XP to Win 10 (missing all versions in between) I frankly am less than impressed. It works, but so did XP. The only reason I 'upgraded' to 10 was to run Autocad 2016 which requires at least 8.1. This is a requirement of the company I'm currently working for. It also meant I had to buy a new PC, I was quite happy with Autocad 2005 previously, it did and still does does all I and they ever require. A case of "Keeping up with the Jones's" I think.

Steve A.
Steve Anderson

Postby gary » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:53 pm

McGee2021 wrote:I may be an experimental viewer, but ive started to use it to much! Ive made many videos using Video2NBTV V3 on 120 line fsc, and i went to the viewer, tried to open a video, and it just froze! it has only happened to me since i updated my computer to this dreaded windows 10. otherwise, it worked perfectly before! just wanted to inform you in case you would like to know of any issues on the program, gary :lol:

Thanks for the heads up - I have a w10 machine to test it on so will get back to you when I get a chance to try it.
gary

Postby gary » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:06 pm

Harry Dalek wrote:HI Gary i have no idea :roll: ....but is it possible to add other line systems to Big Picture ?
I think it would be a useful tool for mechanical cameras to have a live viewer for different line rates...a live version would be great to test projects out .. wondering if theres any thing to look forward to on this front....not many Nbtver's do your programing .
Any case least we have yours and Dom's software to help us as is .

Hi Harry, the aim is to make TBP in sync with Video2NBTV such that as new formats are added to Video2NBTV TBP is automatically updated as well.

However, due to an amazing sequence of coincidences this has become far more difficult to do (logistically) than anticipated, however it is intended to be completed sometime in the near to medium future.

In the meantime I am always happy to provide standalone viewers for "special" formats, or formats that are available in Video2NBTV and not in TBP, providing they are reasonably straightforward.
gary

Postby Harry Dalek » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:19 pm

Hi Harry, the aim is to make TBP in sync with Video2NBTV such that as new formats are added to Video2NBTV TBP is automatically updated as well.

Both very good as they are but i was wondering what you had in mind on this good idea ......i don't think there are many people doing this part of the hobby because its hard really i think .

However, due to an amazing sequence of coincidences this has become far more difficult to do (logistically) than anticipated, however it is intended to be completed sometime in the near to medium future.

I am sure every one here would appreciate the work if you have time to do any more ,i always have a look if you have added any thing to your web site ...your site is very easy to find just google Gary nbtv and your first on the list :wink:

In the meantime I am always happy to provide standalone viewers for "special" formats, or formats that are available in Video2NBTV and not in TBP, providing they are reasonably straightforward.

[/quote]

I am interested in live viewers of any of the other formats but as always i have to master the first 32 line to think about the others ,its more of a wanted tool for the future project work ,for camera work i do have Big picture and you original small viewer which i will use on my current project .

A 120 line b/w live viewer would be a goal arrrr one day :roll:
Harry Dalek

Postby gary » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:25 pm

Harry Dalek wrote:A 120 line b/w live viewer would be a goal arrrr one day :roll:

Harry, I can guarantee you a 120 line b/w viewer will be available hours after you have a 120 line b/w mechanical camera ready ;-)
gary

Postby Harry Dalek » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:04 pm

gary wrote:
Harry Dalek wrote:A 120 line b/w live viewer would be a goal arrrr one day :roll:

Harry, I can guarantee you a 120 line b/w viewer will be available hours after you have a 120 line b/w mechanical camera ready ;-)

OH i have to think about that one i am still working on your 32 line challenge from a few years ago ! :lol: if i can do a 32 line direct light camera 3rd time lucky fingers crossed my thoughts will turn to higher line rate version...a 120 line viewer as a reward hell i will have to at least think about it :idea:
Harry Dalek

Postby gary » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:21 pm

Harry Dalek wrote:
gary wrote:

OH i have to think about that one i am still working on your 32 line challenge from a few years ago ! :lol: if i can do a 32 line direct light camera 3rd time lucky fingers crossed my thoughts will turn to higher line rate version...a 120 line viewer as a reward hell i will have to at least think about it :idea:

Well, at least you know that TBP handles 32 line...
gary

Next

Return to Mechanical NBTV