Postby gary » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:33 pm

Thanks Andrew, just as well I put off buying this one:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Digital ... 00788.html
gary

Re: $15 Oscilloscope!

Postby Andrew Davie » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:44 pm

gary wrote:Thanks Andrew, just as well I put off buying this one:

Ah, well I have one of those on the way - should arrive in a few days. I'll report on that, too :)
Can't resist cheap gadgets, and this one is much prettier and would be more convenient to use (if it works!)
Andrew Davie
"Gomez!", "Oh Morticia."

Postby gary » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:59 pm

Andrew Davie wrote:
gary wrote:Thanks Andrew, just as well I put off buying this one:

Ah, well I have one of those on the way - should arrive in a few days. I'll report on that, too :)
Can't resist cheap gadgets, and this one is much prettier and would be more convenient to use (if it works!)

The good thing is even if it's a blow out it hasn't cost you too much - to be honest I have had a great deal of success with purchasing this way.

I have, for the first time, had two BangGood items not arrive, but I reckon it's Oz Post at fault - they will resend them.
gary

Postby Andrew Davie » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:20 am

gary wrote:The good thing is even if it's a blow out it hasn't cost you too much - to be honest I have had a great deal of success with purchasing this way.

I have now done 112 orders from AliExpress - all A-OK with minor dispute/issues here and there resolved in my favour.
No problem with BangGood but I have only ordered half a dozen items from them. I guess I've been lucky.

The one big issue I had was a $200 phone arrived with the box empty. Somewhere, someone nicked it.
The seller sent me a replacement.
Andrew Davie
"Gomez!", "Oh Morticia."

Postby gary » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:27 am

Long live free shipping! :-)
gary

Postby Steve Anderson » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:30 pm

The two $15 specials have arrived at my brothers place in the UK, he'll send them on - so perhaps they'll be here next weekend.

The shipping isn't quite free, it's included, but how they do it at the price is amazing!

When you order just a single 741 from Farnell or RS in the UK, it costs over 15 quid to send it here!

Steve A.
Steve Anderson
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Postby Harry Dalek » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:12 pm

gary wrote:Long live free shipping! :-)

I love Communist china ( unless they take us over )how smart are they sick it on a ship or a plane going here or there from china they own the postal service and know its good for their countries companies ....if we did the same would we not get the same results ? i mean you just need room on a ship and you would of sold something other wise would not have sold great for the buyer and seller.
The Government were smart all they have to do is open their eyes and the money will flow in .
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek

Re: DSO138 Oscilloscope + NBTV signal test

Postby Andrew Davie » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:47 pm

My $20 "DSO Shell" (also known as DSO-150) oscilloscope arrived yesterday and assembled and working today.
This is the DSO-138 with a bit of an upgrade. Does 20V/div with 100Vp-p maximum input AFAIK.
They use the same display, but the layout has been completely revamped and it's a darling little thing.

IMG_20170222_153626.jpeg
IMG_20170222_153626.jpeg (72.65 KiB) Viewed 20311 times
Andrew Davie
"Gomez!", "Oh Morticia."

Postby gary » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:31 pm

Andrew Davie wrote:My $20 "DSO Shell" (also known as DSO-150) oscilloscope arrived yesterday and assembled and working today.
This is the DSO-138 with a bit of an upgrade. Does 20V/div with 100Vp-p maximum input AFAIK.
They use the same display, but the layout has been completely revamped and it's a darling little thing.

IMG_20170222_153626.jpeg

Thanks for the update Andrew, it's a snazzy looking little thing so I might just grab one.
gary

Postby Andrew Davie » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:48 pm

Andrew Davie
"Gomez!", "Oh Morticia."

Postby gary » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:28 pm

Thanks again for that.

Andrew I thought I had noticed in one of the other variants that there was a micro USB port (oh and a UART port), does this version have one? And what can you do with it? It seems that these are programmable but there is precious little info on how - I would be interested to know if the buffer can be accessed for downloading.
gary

Postby Andrew Davie » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:12 pm

gary wrote:

Thanks again for that.

Andrew I thought I had noticed in one of the other variants that there was a micro USB port (oh and a UART port), does this version have one? And what can you do with it? It seems that these are programmable but there is precious little info on how - I would be interested to know if the buffer can be accessed for downloading.

This version does not have a microUSB port
The DSO138 does, but I recall reading it was for "future use"
I have not seen anywhere any mention of it being functional.
No idea about the UART port sorry.

There is a forum at the manufacturer's site and they seem quite responsive - you could ask there.

DSO138 forum
Andrew Davie
"Gomez!", "Oh Morticia."

Postby gary » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:32 pm

It would seem the uart is for firmware updates only at this time - but they do have a programming library so...

Thanks for that link.
gary

Postby Steve Anderson » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:33 pm

I thought I'd mentioned this elsewhere, but there is some Windoze software that allows you to download screen captures (amongst other things) via the micro USB port. As they say, "Supports DSO 094, DSO 068, and FG085" only at this stage.

Details here...

http://www.jyetech.com/Products/105/e105.php

Steve A.
Steve Anderson

Postby Andrew Davie » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:53 pm

Here's the item I purchased. Currently the cheapest price (including shipping!) that I can find. Just over US$21
DSO Shell Oscilloscope from AliExpress
Andrew Davie
"Gomez!", "Oh Morticia."

PreviousNext

Return to Mechanical NBTV