Midget Mirror Drum

Forum for discussion of narrow-bandwidth mechanical television

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

Midget Mirror Drum

Postby McGee2021 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:28 pm

Recently, the site americanradiohistory.com , which is a valuable resource for early television and radio magazines, has uploaded a couple of new Television magazines, that being one of the most important, and first, magazines devoted to mechanical television. Most of the magazines between 1929 and 1934 are missing online, but recently magazines from 1934 and early 1935, being the last years for the commercial broadcast using the baird mirror drum system, have been uploaded. I have read through them, and one of the articles that caught my mind the most was the Midget Mirror Drum receiver in the February 1935 issue, Here: http://www.americanradiohistory.com/Arc ... -S-OCR.pdf The thing that caught my mind the most about this is the fact of how small it is. The size of it means that it is perfectly 3D printable. I have set out designing models for it, and should have some printed by Christmas. As soon as i have started printing, i plan to start a construction diary.
Fun times, ain't it?
McGee2021
Just nod and pretend you understand me

Re: Midget Mirror Drum

Postby OmegaProductions » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:42 pm

WOW! This looks similar to the mirror drum. I think I seen this television magazine before online! :)

But the name midget mirror drum with the word "midget" sounds strange though... :|
OmegaProductions
Misunderstood Genius

Return to Mechanical NBTV