Disk Sync

Forum for discussion of narrow-bandwidth mechanical television

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

Re: Disk Sync

Postby Andrew Davie » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:19 pm

The arduinovisor synchronisation I did is pretty cool. Made even better by Keith - it is a guaranteed frame-lock which spins up and locks in under 10 seconds. Look under mechanical TV/construction diaries.
Andrew Davie
"Gomez!", "Oh Morticia."

Postby Harry Dalek » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:08 pm

DGMM-ASCII wrote:
Andrew Davie wrote:The arduinovisor synchronisation I did is pretty cool. Made even better by Keith - it is a guaranteed frame-lock which spins up and locks in under 10 seconds. Look under mechanical TV/construction diaries.

Is there a way to sync the disk without using an arduino or any other microcontroller?

Yes use the search on this forum you have years of experiments on syncing a nipkow disk ...every thing you want are in the past posts most use a pll 4046 and opto fork for feed back to lock on to the video sync...sometimes it works to plan other time's you will head scratch i always find its a fine balance between switching the motor and powering it as every motor is different and that's mainly where what you have and whats in the schematic is different .
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Postby smeezekitty » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:59 am

DGMM-ASCII wrote:
Andrew Davie wrote:The arduinovisor synchronisation I did is pretty cool. Made even better by Keith - it is a guaranteed frame-lock which spins up and locks in under 10 seconds. Look under mechanical TV/construction diaries.

Is there a way to sync the disk without using an arduino or any other microcontroller?

Any particular reason why? Microcontrollers are the easiest way to do it now and it gives you a LOT of control to tune the parameters for your motor, disc, framerate etc.

I mean true purists have even made tube (valve) based sync devices. But how pure do you want it to be?
smeezekitty
Just nod and pretend you understand me

Return to Mechanical NBTV