Portable Televisor

Forum for discussion of narrow-bandwidth mechanical television

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

Portable Televisor

Postby DrZarkov » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:58 am

I_ve bought some time ago the MUTR kit to have a small televisor next to my computer for experiments. After the the usual improvements with the diffusor and the LED I was still not happy with it, because the viewing angle is very bad, if you put the kit on the table and you are a normal grown up person. So I wanted to make a new housing, where the set is in an angle of about 60-70 degrees, which makes viewing more comfortable.

I found this empty grammophone suitcase on a boot-market, and the MUTR kit fits exactly into it, and leaves some space for an amplifier, loudspeaker and the transformator. The magnifying glas is made for the old Nintendo "Gameboy". I've paid 2 EUR for it.

I had to drill some holes into the suitcase, but it was already damaged, as you can see, and it was a very cheap "Supralion" made in the 50th in Czechoslovakia.

Still missing on the pictures is some paint, and a good cleaning of the original suitcase. The loudspeaker is "invisible" using the original "sound reflector" of the grammophone, the sound is very good with a simple self-made 1 W amplifier and a loudspeaker from an old Macintosh. So I have a portable Televisor "Watchman" (I will call it due to it's Czechoslovakian origin the "Zarkovizor Junost") for the "Classic Computing 2007" next weekend in Stuttgart.
DrZarkov
I think I've had a cranial implosion.

Postby Viewmaster » Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:29 pm

Neat. Now all you need is a small 12v/mains inverter and a small 12v battery and you can have NBTV on picnics to the Schwartze Wald (Black Forest.) :)
Albert.
Viewmaster
Frankenstein was my uncle.

Postby DrZarkov » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:34 pm

Even better: The MUTR kit runs with 6 Volt, a battery container is included. I can easily switch over to battery, i f I want to. Stuttgart is very close to the "Schwarzwald", maybe I can include a cuckoo into my "Zarkovisor". :D

Maybe more interesting is using the empy case for an included inverter-circuit for using with my laptop or certain CD-player. Currently I have an inverter (circuit from this forum) in an extern box, which I can use with both of my Zarkovisors, if needed.

I've finished today my Amiga 4000 T, which I'm going to connect to my TV. I have several ideas of using the Amiga as a testcard generator, that's what I wanted to demonstrate in Stuttgart. (Another thing we want to demonstrate is packet radio and maybe weather fax and SSTV on shortwave, with software for the Amiga and other ancient systems. Does anybody remember it?)
DrZarkov
I think I've had a cranial implosion.

Return to Mechanical NBTV