NBTV Viewer?

Forum for discussion of narrow-bandwidth mechanical television

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

NBTV Viewer?

Postby NutmegCT » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:33 am

Good morning folks.

Could someone kindly point me to instructions for using NBTVViewer?
I went to:

http://users.tpg.com.au/users/gmillard/nbtv.htm

I did download and install NBTVViewer, but can't find instructions for it. Also, on the app itself, there is no menu or "file open" choice, so I can't figure out how to use it.

Note that the "Instructions" link under the download link is actually for instructions for Video2NBTV. By the way, the copy of Video2NBTV I downloaded says "pre-release". Is there a more current version?

Most likely I'm just so new to all this I don't know where to look, so I do appreciate your patience.

Thanks.
Tom
PS - I PayPal'd my membership to NBTV last week. Should I have received some kind of email acknowledgment from someone?
NutmegCT
Research Scientist

Postby gary » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:51 pm

Just a note to say I have replied to the question relating to NBTVViewer in this post in a reply to a private email. Suffice it to say here, for those that don't already know, that NBTVViewer takes its input from a soundcard only and I think, at this stage, is useful for displaying 30-line video only (32 line being handle better by The Big Picture!). I have also corrected the link to the instructions.
Last edited by gary on Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
gary

Postby Dave Moll » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:52 am

gary wrote:NBTVViewer ... is useful for displaying 30-line video only (32 line being handle better by The Big Picure!).

It is also useful for those running older/slower machines on which The Big Picture won't run.
Dave Moll
Anyone have a spare straightjacket?

Postby gary » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:27 am

Dave Moll wrote:
gary wrote:NBTVViewer ... is useful for displaying 30-line video only (32 line being handle better by The Big Picure!).

It is also useful for those running older/slower machines on which The Big Picture won't run.

Ah yes, indeed, I have tested it running on a 486 machine, I have a couple around, and I'm sure others do too...

Thanks for pointing that out.
gary

Return to Mechanical NBTV