[Hot News] Model Baird Televisor Kit

Forum for discussion of narrow-bandwidth mechanical television

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

[Hot News] Model Baird Televisor Kit

Postby moderator » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:46 pm

<h3>Model Baird Televisior Kit</h3>

I am getting had good feedback from members that have built the kit . If anybody has any comments about the design or suggestions for improving it then email me at <a href="mailto:chris@nbtv.org">WEBmaster</a> and I will put them up on the site to help others.

<a href="http://www.nbtv.wyenet.co.uk/kit.htm">Click Here</a>

A working television based on Baird's original - the only mechanical TV in regular production? Please note: Due to high demand, there may be some delay in despatching this item. John Logie Baird devised the first practical television in the late 1920s (he described this as a 'televisor').This kit contains all the parts needed to make a televisor that works in much the same way as the original televisor and will allow you to experience TV as it was then. TV footage is encoded on a CD included in this kit. Simply plug the televisor into a CD player and play the CD to view the footage. Approximate size: 260 x 195 x 70mm.

<a href="http://www.mutr.co.uk/prodDetail.aspx?prodID=1420">Click Here for Details</a>
Last edited by moderator on Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Site Admin

Postby moderator » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:17 am

<h3>Televisor Kit</h3>

Your email of 17 December together with your website attachment has been passed to me and I am writing to thank you for taking so much trouble to present the televisor kit. We are very pleased you liked it and we have already incorporated changes suggested by your society in the next batch. We have received quite a high demand for the televisor and so have upped the production level to cope.

We would always welcome any suggestions from yourselves for any additional improvements.

Many thanks again for your support and valuable advice.

Best wishes for the New Year

Kate Johns
Site Admin

Televisor kit.

Postby Stephen » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:06 am

I wish that I had time to build a narrow band television system from scratch, especially one according to some of the concepts that I propose from time to time. Unfortunately, that may not occur until after I retire from my practice. That should be no more than about 40 years from now, at the age of 97.

Meanwhile, I have ordered a televisor kit so that I have at least something to fiddle with. It should be good fun. Besides, I like the idea of supporting the first production of "mechanical" television displays available since the early 1930s.
Stephen
Stephen
Anyone have a spare straightjacket?

Postby Andrew Davie » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:13 pm

There is quite a long thread discussing this device at <a href="http://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13264">UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum</a>
Andrew Davie
"Gomez!", "Oh Morticia."

Postby Panrock » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:50 pm

And now there's THIS too....

Steve
Panrock
Green padded cells are quite homely.

Postby gary » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:26 pm

I have obtained one of these and have found it well worth the money (although, of course, once you add freight and the rotten exchange rate it is a bit more expensive to us enthusiasts here in OZ :-( ). The only downside I found was the diffuser which is a bit coarse, it is easily replaced and I have temporarily replaced it with grease proof paper to gain a significant improvement (BTW I think the topic of diffusers needs more attention generally). It syncs better than anything I have been able to come up with myself, it is generally well made and very easy to put together (except, for some strange reason, the front sticker).

Thoroughly recommended to enthusiasts.

Gary
gary

MUTR Televisor.

Postby Stephen » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:26 am

Today I finally received my MUTR televisor! I was not really expecting anything because I received no shipment notice beforehand, but as soon as I saw the Middlesex University sealing tape on the box I knew what it was. It looks very nice. Now I need some sneak some time to assemble it.
Stephen
Stephen

Re: MUTR Televisor.

Postby Dave Moll » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:11 pm

Stephen wrote:Now I need some sneak some time to assemble it.

... but don't wory, you wont need to sneak very much of it. :D
Dave Moll

Return to Mechanical NBTV