A couple motor control circuit questions

Forum for discussion of narrow-bandwidth mechanical television

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

A couple motor control circuit questions

Postby magicanim8r » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:24 pm

I was wondering if the club might have any plans to create a pcb for the motor control circuit found in the handbook. I've tried etching my own board and had apparent success with the etching process itself but no success yet with the circuit functioning correctly. I'm in the process of trying to track down the problem but confess my level as a novice has slowed my progress somewhat. My video driver and sync seperator circuits appear to be functioning really well and I'm thrilled with the quality of the images I'm getting. I figured my next step should be to make sure I'm getting the 400hz signal from the led driver. I'll hopefully know about that soon. Also I wanted to ask, when my clamp select on the driver is switched hi to +12V, I see a very pronounced vertical banding or "slicing" of the image. When switched to ground the image appears normal and clear. Do I have something wrong here?
One last question, :) What seems to be the most popular IR devices that members are using for their optical forks? I was trying to work with the LED 55BQT and QSE156QT. If I can just overcome my difficulties with this last circuit , I can tie up all the loose ends on my monitor. Thank you for any suggestions.

Allan
magicanim8r
"Fester, enough of the light-bulbs!"

Return to Mechanical NBTV