The Thylacine higher line rate monitor

Forum for discussion of electronic television. Generally, stuff to do with CRTs and not using mechanical displays.

The Thylacine higher line rate monitor

Postby Harry Dalek » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:26 am

Here i am working along side The Devil the lower line rate monitor and the PMT camera scanner to make a higher line rate monitor .
The little Devil crt is not really up to the higher line rates on the display side of it .
I think the Devil is fine up to 60 64 lines perhaps a bit over as well but whats needed going past this and hopefully using the PMT camera to make the higher line rate video so i have a video signal .
I have handy a long broken portable early 90's b/w TV SPEEDIE - WALKVISION - 11.5 CM BLACK & WHITE MINI - MODEL ST 200 with a 4ADC4 CRT ,i find the large magnetic CRT's a little ugly but i like the small ones this was made for 625 lines so perhaps with a little defocusing it can work at some rates lower than it was designed for i have seen Dom use these for 32 line so i think i am right here
Heater is fine ..i am going to have to reverse engineer the tube so go low to hopefully correct working range no luck on data sheet but i am confident i can work this one out no great loss either way cost me nothing .
i will Start a Construction Diary for it .
Attachments
IMG_3416.JPG
IMG_3416.JPG (398.47 KiB) Viewed 5615 times
IMG_3415.JPG
IMG_3415.JPG (422.06 KiB) Viewed 5615 times
IMG_3417.JPG
IMG_3417.JPG (268.57 KiB) Viewed 5615 times
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (296.7 KiB) Viewed 5614 times
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Re: The Thylacine higher line rate monitor

Postby Harry Dalek » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:43 pm

Had a little bit of time this afternoon to work out the pin outs of the crt and how to fire it up ..EHT variable at the moment. heater running off 5 volts just lights up on that where the heater is visible ,3 volts AC on the deflection coils for the line test .
The line is a brighter to the camera than to the eye .
Attachments
IMG_3430.JPG
IMG_3430.JPG (251.75 KiB) Viewed 5604 times
IMG_3420.JPG
IMG_3420.JPG (278 KiB) Viewed 5604 times
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek

Re: The Thylacine higher line rate monitor

Postby Harry Dalek » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:10 pm

I will move this build now in Construction Diaries - Electronic Televisions so look there for the rest of the build//
Harry Dalek

Return to Electronic NBTV