Hedghog PSC

Forum for discussion of electronic television. Generally, stuff to do with CRTs and not using mechanical displays.

Hedghog PSC

Postby murphyv310 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:12 am

Hi guys.
Been a while since I've posted here.
I recently purchased a Hedghog PSC (Programmable Standards Converter) a design by Frank Cuffe in Ireland. This can do all sorts of standards. I'd like to play around with lower rate electronic standards of below 100 lines. The issue for me I've no real idea how to set up the various parameters etc, I really need a table with all the required settings. Can anyone help in this regard?

Here is a link to the converter.
https://electronics.frankcuffe.ovh/hedghog-psc
Cheers Trevor.
murphyv310
Laboratory Assistant

Re: Hedghog PSC

Postby Panrock » Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:59 am

Hi Trevor,

To get you started, maybe the attached table might be of some use? It's been taken from Darryl Hock's manual for his World Converter WC-01 and shows all the standards this converter supports. I've made use of several of them, ranging from 240 to 30 lines!

Steve O
Attachments
standards.gif
Panrock
Green padded cells are quite homely.

Re: Hedghog PSC

Postby murphyv310 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:06 am

Hello Steve.
That at least tells me what standards I can aim for.
The main issue now is the line length in microseconds, blanking, broad pulses etc that I don't have the data for.
The difference between Frank's and Darryl's is Frank's you can have any combination you wish (up to a point) and Darryl's which is preset. So with Frank's you can make up any standard you want. So say I want 75 lines at 25fps that is most likely easy enough but how do I work out the other perameters? The link above gives some idea but over the top of my corroded brain!
Cheers Trevor.
murphyv310
Laboratory Assistant

Return to Electronic NBTV