PhonoVision Mechanical video recorder Version 3

Centralised area for notes about construction projects. Each project has its own sub-forum. In the sub-forums will be topics relevant to parts of that project (e.g., there might be a topic on motor control). If you start a construction diary, just post in the forum with your project name as the topic, and a moderator will create a sub-forum for your project.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

Re: PhonoVision Mechanical video recorder Version 3

Postby Harry Dalek » Sat May 14, 2022 4:03 pm

Some tests today just on FM first tired Fax 480
FAX480 was developed to provide for relatively high resolution image transmission on HF, VHF, and UHF amateur radio bands. FAX480 was designed to bridge the gap between conventional slow scan television (SSTV) and conventional facsimile techniques
DSCN7577.JPG

Next tried the same video as past gos in FM

Here tried 30 line Baird Ronnie Barker Porridge clip just make him out in bits i think the voice channel is mixing with the video here

recording the above video on the lathe shown below

I ended up removing the platter plate glued down causing a little bit of a up down side to side wobble in the line play back as the play back cartridge follows .
I tried up to 60 line but just getting blob shapes ,So have tried AM PWM and FM now
Attachments
DSCN7575_x264.mp4
(29.07 MiB) Downloaded 151 times
DSCN7581_x264.mp4
(12.31 MiB) Downloaded 155 times
DSCN7579.JPG
DSCN7580_x264.mp4
(9.75 MiB) Downloaded 146 times
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Previous

Return to Construction Diaries