Motor control

Another televisor build using club circuits. Geared towards identifying where to get all the materials, tools, how to 3D print stuff, and troubleshoot.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

Re: Motor control

Postby Klaas Robers » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:29 am

Sorry Andrew,

what is: "My BP plummeted to 91/61"? What is "BP", what is "plummeted" and what is "91/61"?
Is 91/61 equal to 1.49? But 1.49 what?

You know, I am Dutch. English is as difficult for me as German for you (I expect).

Sorry.
Klaas Robers
"Gomez!", "Oh Morticia."

Postby Andrew Davie » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:33 am

Klaas Robers wrote:Sorry Andrew,

what is: "My BP plummeted to 91/61"? What is "BP", what is "plummeted" and what is "91/61"?
Is 91/61 equal to 1.49? But 1.49 what?

You know, I am Dutch. English is as difficult for me as German for you (I expect).

Sorry.

My blood pressure, which should if I were perfectly healthy, be around 120 over 80. After giving blood today I felt dizzy/faint and they measured my blood pressure (BP) at 91 over 61, which is quite low. I've been taking it easy and spent the afternoon lying in bed being lazy. Thanks for communicating with me in your 2nd language :)
Andrew Davie
"Gomez!", "Oh Morticia."

Postby Klaas Robers » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:48 am

Ah, Blood Pressure. That explains a lot. So 91/61 is not a division... And you donated blood? Ok, be healthy soon again.

If you have comments or questions about the small tutorial, I will hear it please. I have no plans to write more today. I hope it will be clear to you.
Klaas Robers
"Gomez!", "Oh Morticia."

Postby Andrew Davie » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:00 am

Klaas Robers wrote:Andrew, i am writing a short tutorial for you about motor control. I am going to place this in my own webspace, but you can get it (.pdf) from here. The advantage is that I can update it for a newer version without editing this page. At this moment I am not yet finished with it, but you might already load it down, read it and try to understand the theoreticals (not so difficult) behind it. During the coming days it might expand.
You may find it at http://www.prof.robers.nl/forumfiguren/tutorialmotorcontrol.pdf.

I had a preliminary read. It's incredibly interesting! And of course with my limited electronics capability there was simply no way I would have been able to understand how it is working without this explanation. I'll revisit it tomorrow and have a much closer read - but on a first pass I did understand everything you were explaining. Great to know how the components interact and why. Thanks :)
Andrew Davie
"Gomez!", "Oh Morticia."

Previous

Return to Andrew Davie's Televisor #2 (2017)