The Cyclops a Vidicon project

Centralised area for notes about construction projects. Each project has its own sub-forum. In the sub-forums will be topics relevant to parts of that project (e.g., there might be a topic on CRT problems). If you start a construction diary, just post in the forum with your project name as the topic, and a moderator will create a sub-forum for your project.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

Re: The Cyclops a Vidicon project

Postby Harry Dalek » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:57 pm

As far as adjustments go i have on the deflection ... size and position this is the best it will until i have a look at the deflection current limiting resistors,
Seems ok on vertical but the the horizontal line looks like its over shooting i will just try moving the Vidicon in the yoke just to make sure it is not that but it must be over scanning as Klass suggested before so i will increase the resistance on the yoke resistor on the horizontal line yoke .
Filming here one of my sons Charlie testing todays adjustments
looks like i might have the target wire arcoss one side the target area whoops !
Attachments
charliejuly2018_x264.mp4
(10.79 MiB) Downloaded 642 times
anigifcharlie.gif
anigifcharlie.gif (48.89 KiB) Viewed 4726 times
charlie.wav
(7.41 MiB) Downloaded 493 times
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Re: The Cyclops a Vidicon project

Postby Harry Dalek » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:50 pm

Having a good look at the problem of the dual screen over scanning ,i have adjusted the current limiting resistors on the line scan no effect apart from stretching or strinking whats in that area .
Did not try the framing but that seems fine unless i am missing some thing .
Having a think about it the last thing i can think of is this Yoke is too long for this type of Vidicon the over scanning due to this ,i am not sure what the yoke was originally used for perhaps a longer plumbicon tube..any case happy with the results .
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Previous

Return to Construction Diaries - Electronic Televisions