2 colour question

Information about colour/color mechanical TV systems and constructoin.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

2 colour question

Postby Harry Dalek » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:29 pm

This ones for Gary or any one that can answer i have been trying Garys 2 colour software and i just seem to be getting Orange must be doing some thing wrong ...The gifs are converted to avi and then conveted to 2 colour wav via Garys GHGM2C video2nbtv but in my case orange ...
I was interested to see what a colour wheel of all colours looks like when 2 colours only are mixed ..i could see in a past post red and blue seems to come out fine
Attachments
200w.gif
200w.gif (603.94 KiB) Viewed 17962 times
Screen 00001.jpg
Screen 00001.jpg (11.15 KiB) Viewed 17962 times
colour.wav
(885.06 KiB) Downloaded 711 times
200.gif
200.gif (518.65 KiB) Viewed 17962 times
Screen 00002.jpg
Screen 00002.jpg (9.76 KiB) Viewed 17962 times
200.wav
(120.06 KiB) Downloaded 701 times
Last edited by Harry Dalek on Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Re: 2 colour question

Postby gary » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:40 pm

Harry Dalek wrote:This ones for Gary or any one that can answer i have been trying Garys 2 colour software and i just seem to be getting Orange must be doing some thing wrong ...The gifs are converted to avi and then conveted to 2 colour wav via Garys GHGM2C video2nbtv but in my case orange ...
I was interested to see what a colour wheel of all colours looks like when 2 colours only are mixed ..i could see in a passed post red and blue seems to come out fine

Harry, somehow you are removing the video on the right channel - 2 colour requires both left and right channels.

200w.wav.gif
200w.wav.gif (615.31 KiB) Viewed 17948 times
gary

Postby grahamhunt » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:23 am

DSCF3141.JPG
two colour screen shot
(4.44 MiB) Not downloaded yet
just to show what is possible a screen shot of a file converted on garys software and shown on a disc televisor this is the bbc colour test card
grahamhunt
Master Craftsman

Postby gary » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:56 am

grahamhunt wrote:
DSCF3141.JPG
just to show what is possible a screen shot of a file converted on garys software and shown on a disc televisor this is the bbc colour test card

Nice!
gary

Postby Harry Dalek » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:48 pm

Thanks Gary and Graham ...i have to look into this I knew the 2 channels where needed for outputting this but converting a video on PC i was not sure it needed to use the sound card some how mmmm i will try again ...may be i have settings off on this computer..
Looking at my settings it seems ok i will try another computer ..
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek

Postby Steve Anderson » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:33 pm

Remember most laptops have only a mono mic input, not a stereo line I/O as found on desktops.

Should this prove to be so I recently bought a Behringer U-PHONO UFO202 USB audio interface. I simply provides stereo line I/O to a laptop for example, around US$30 in the UK (Ebay). It also has a phono function if you want to copy precious 33s to disk.

Behringer do quite a range, some are for the serious home studio crowd. But this works fine.

Steve A.
Attachments
UFO202 1.jpg
UFO202 1.jpg (7.15 KiB) Viewed 17921 times
Steve Anderson

Postby Harry Dalek » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:18 pm

Steve Anderson wrote:Remember most laptops have only a mono mic input, not a stereo line I/O as found on desktops.

Should this prove to be so I recently bought a Behringer U-PHONO UFO202 USB audio interface. I simply provides stereo line I/O to a laptop for example, around US$30 in the UK (Ebay). It also has a phono function if you want to copy precious 33s to disk.

Behringer do quite a range, some are for the serious home studio crowd. But this works fine.

Steve A.

Hi Steve
Yes that looks like a nice gadget over come the problems of lack of stereo recording on a lap top ..have to save my pennies .
This does have stereo to the ear phones and speaker so if the software needs stereo recording yes never going to work here .
What i was trying to do was just software converting a AVI to wav which has to be stereo i suppose for the 2 colour channels it might be mixing them together due to the hardware .
Gary's converted union jack 2 colour wav plays fine so just the converting problem .
I will try it on different computer with stereo input
Attachments
2 colour test.zip
(767.35 KiB) Downloaded 704 times
Harry Dalek

Postby gary » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:24 pm

Harry Dalek wrote:What i was trying to do was just software converting a AVI to wav which has to be stereo i suppose for the 2 colour channels it might be mixing them together due to the hardware .
Gary's converted union jack 2 colour wav plays fine so just the converting problem .
I will try it on different computer with stereo input

If you are using Video2NBTV to convert there is no hardware involved.

Please check what version of Video2NBTV it is that you are using.

Have you used another application to do any processing at all?
gary

Postby Harry Dalek » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:01 pm

gary wrote:
If you are using Video2NBTV to convert there is no hardware involved.

Well using the video2nbtv in that zip file with the player it only has one format to choose from

Please check what version of Video2NBTV it is that you are using.

just the GHGM2C one

Have you used another application to do any processing at all?

only on converting the animated gifs to avi but i used the union jack avi and the computers cam same result it comes out orange as well,,,,i am using windows 7 did the same on a windows 10 laptop i will lend my brother inlaws desk top and see what happens there ...i didn't think the hardware would stop this test as its a software thing only converting avi to a 2 colour wav but i wasn't sure .
Must be a reason
Harry Dalek

Postby gary » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:41 pm

Harry Dalek wrote:
Well using the video2nbtv in that zip file with the player it only has one format to choose from

Which zip was that? Sorry Harry I have distributed so many "specials" I have lost track of them, presumably it's the one I gave to Graham?

When I say "version" it's the version you see when selecting "about Video2NBTV" in the menu under the icon at the left hand side of the title bar.

only on converting the animated gifs to avi but i used the union jack avi and the computers cam same result it comes out orange as well,,,,i am using windows 7 did the same on a windows 10 laptop i will lend my brother inlaws desk top and see what happens there ...i didn't think the hardware would stop this test as its a software thing only converting avi to a 2 colour wav but i wasn't sure .

Harry, there is no need to convert to AVI Video2NBTV handles GIFs directly. In any case that won't have anything to do with the conversion to NBTV.

Post the ZIP you have, perhaps it's at fault.
gary

Postby Harry Dalek » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:02 am

Its there Gary 2 or 3 posts back here the one i am using is 2 colour test.zip....so i was using that ,
Yes just tried it does do gifs but again comes out orange .
Harry Dalek

Postby gary » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:42 am

Harry Dalek wrote:Its there Gary 2 or 3 posts back here the one i am using is 2 colour test.zip....so i was using that ,
Yes just tried it does do gifs but again comes out orange .

Ok, yeah that isn't working - but where did that come from? I must have put the wrong version of Video2NBTV in it so I should get rid of it.

If you use the latest version from my site of video2nbtv.exe it should work - you probably have it installed anyway.
gary

Postby Harry Dalek » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:02 am

gary wrote:Ok, yeah that isn't working - but where did that come from? I must have put the wrong version of Video2NBTV in it so I should get rid of it.

If you use the latest version from my site of video2nbtv.exe it should work - you probably have it installed anyway.

I have 2 versions of Video2NBTV-V2-alpha video2nbtv and number 3 on the computer i just looked and yes video2nbtv in the format it says colour 32 line or in landscape change ...just those 2 systems in Format ....i will see if thats the 2 colour

I found the zip file here Gary
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1335&hilit=2+colour+little+viewer

Tried the nbtvvideo2 with the other colour format but it does play back in the little 2 colour viewer i tried it in big picture both versions and i plays in B/w
I know you have a Baird 3 colour the 2 colour do you have other players that use those ? only think you have a 2 colour one that i know of gary .
Harry Dalek

Postby gary » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:50 am

Harry Dalek wrote:
gary wrote:I have 2 versions of Video2NBTV-V2-alpha video2nbtv and number 3 on the computer i just looked and yes video2nbtv in the format it says colour 32 line or in landscape change ...just those 2 systems in Format ....i will see if thats the 2 colour

I found the zip file here Gary
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1335&hilit=2+colour+little+viewer

Tried the nbtvvideo2 with the other colour format but it does play back in the little 2 colour viewer i tried it in big picture both versions and i plays in B/w
I know you have a Baird 3 colour the 2 colour do you have other players that use those ? only think you have a 2 colour one that i know of gary .

It is strange that no one complained about it not working at the time.

Harry the 2 colour format always shows up as GHGM2C in the formats list. That format is present in all versions after version 2 alpha build 2,0,0,1.
I have no idea why it doesn't work in build 2,0,0,1 but there you go.

If GHGM2C doesn't show up in the format list just move GHGM2CRenderer.ren from the zip file into the same folder that has the version of Video2NBTV that you are currently running.

The easiest thing to do would be to download Video2NBTV Version 3 from my web site: http://users.tpg.com.au/users/gmillard/ ... all-V3.exe
gary

Postby Harry Dalek » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:32 pm

gary wrote:It is strange that no one complained about it not working at the time.

I think it works with the flag wav you put up but i don't think at the time i tried to make my own colour wav to play back ...if thats not the case mmm

Harry the 2 colour format always shows up as GHGM2C in the formats list. That format is present in all versions after version 2 alpha build 2,0,0,1.
I have no idea why it doesn't work in build 2,0,0,1 but there you go.

If GHGM2C doesn't show up in the format list just move GHGM2CRenderer.ren from the zip file into the same folder that has the version of Video2NBTV that you are currently running.

The easiest thing to do would be to download Video2NBTV Version 3 from my web site: http://users.tpg.com.au/users/gmillard/ ... all-V3.exe

[/quote]

You have a lot of versions of this ......no problems i downloaded and tried but it is crashing when i convert a avi or gif on the ghgm2c 2 colour any way may be its windows 7 i will try on the other computers we have ,
Attachments
Screen 00000.jpg
Screen 00000.jpg (315.7 KiB) Viewed 17895 times
Harry Dalek

Next

Return to Colour Mechanical TV