Frame Shift UI Added

A "new fashioned" televisor, using an Arduino to drive the motor and display.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

Frame Shift UI Added

Postby Andrew Davie » Wed May 17, 2017 2:02 am

I found enough space and motivation to rework the "shifter" page. This is a manual control over the framing position (both vertically and horizontally), which can be adjusted on a per-pixel basis. That is, you can choose any of 32 scanlines on which to start a frame, and any of 48 vertical pixels within the chosen scanline to start the frame. The dialog is fairly self-explanatory - not a great quality video as far as lighting and "the shakes" go, but hopefully good enough to give a clear idea.

It does work, but it only works in one direction at the moment. That is, left but not right. Up but not down. That's a consequence of the code which does the shifting to position, which was only written to adjust the frame in one direction when it was inaccurate. I'm going to have to revisit that - and I hope it won't cause me too much grief. But anyway, in principle (and on this video) the shift actually works. I started the frame deliberately out of whack (half way horizontally) and then the dialog is doing the actual changes to that as I press the buttons. So, looking good.

Memory is OK. Ram is OK. I'm really close to "DONE!" on the UI. I can't think of anything I want to add - just bugs to fix, now.

youtu.be/TPn1gnYogFI

Edit: My 1000th post on this forum!
Andrew Davie
"Gomez!", "Oh Morticia."

Return to Andrew Davie's Arduino Televisor