The Tasmanian Devil VCR139....A for Andrew

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

Re: The Tasmanian Devil VCR139....A for Andrew

Postby Steve Anderson » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:02 pm

Ah! Yes, That version of the drawing does have an error as you have noted. Version 6.3 has the correct values as noted in your green square. Whether this makes any difference, I'm not sure. It certainly could do so.

Steve A.
Attachments
3BP1 NBTV Initial 1-Model.gif
3BP1 NBTV Initial 1-Model.gif (17.63 KiB) Viewed 24447 times
Steve Anderson
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Postby Harry Dalek » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:19 pm

Steve Anderson wrote:Ah! Yes, That version of the drawing does have an error as you have noted. Version 6.3 has the correct values as noted in your green square. Whether this makes any difference, I'm not sure. It certainly could do so.

Steve A.

I know i had a lot of trouble with R611 last time ,in the end we got it going as designed ,my mistake here was forgetting the first circuit is not the last correct version,so take note build the last version of the circuit :wink:
I should have results tomorrow .
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek

Postby Andrew Davie » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:34 pm

Harry Dalek wrote:
Steve Anderson wrote:Ah! Yes, That version of the drawing does have an error as you have noted. Version 6.3 has the correct values as noted in your green square. Whether this makes any difference, I'm not sure. It certainly could do so.

Steve A.

I know i had a lot of trouble with R611 last time ,in the end we got it going as designed ,my mistake here was forgetting the first circuit is not the last correct version,so take note build the last version of the circuit :wink:
I should have results tomorrow .

If you become aware of an error in already-published stuff, it's nice to add a note to the earlier version linking to the correct version. I'm happy to do that, just drop me a note. Alternatively, you right-click on the new version post title and "copy link address" or something similar from the pop-up menu to get the URL, then edit the earlier version post and insert some text like "[ url=]new version here[ /url]" . Then after the = in the first url= tag, paste the URL address you got earlier. To make it show up I've included a space after each opening square bracket. You should not include those spaces when you do it.
Andrew Davie
"Gomez!", "Oh Morticia."

Postby Andrew Davie » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:11 am

I have moved this construction log to the "Construction Diaries - Electronic Televisions" sub-forum. There's a "shadow" in place where the original location was, so the net effect is that nothing changes - but the benefit long-term is that the thread is correctly archived in the "Construction Diaries" section. Please keep using it exactly as you were before - things will automatically appear in the right place.
Andrew Davie
"Gomez!", "Oh Morticia."

Postby Harry Dalek » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:33 am

OK Andrew no problems i can understand later on as other posts push this and other projects back easier for people to find these ...
I was thinking the SSTV one in off topic i did should be in the SSTV section ,i think i did that before you put in a Classic SSTV topic on for us ...
Good idea on the schematics too ..for construction diaries it would be good have them all in a sub topic off say this just called Schematics saves searching for the updated working ones ...if its all in one place you can see the old and new versions ...i made the mistake of looking at my old project and following the steps i did then...not a problem but i forgot some changes were made some i recalled the resistor R611 to but till i read to that point in my past project it didn't click.
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek

Postby Andrew Davie » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:14 pm

Harry Dalek wrote:OK Andrew no problems i can understand later on as other posts push this and other projects back easier for people to find these ...
I was thinking the SSTV one in off topic i did should be in the SSTV section ,i think i did that before you put in a Classic SSTV topic on for us ...
Good idea on the schematics too ..for construction diaries it would be good have them all in a sub topic off say this just called Schematics saves searching for the updated working ones ...if its all in one place you can see the old and new versions ...i made the mistake of looking at my old project and following the steps i did then...not a problem but i forgot some changes were made some i recalled the resistor R611 to but till i read to that point in my past project it didn't click.

Rather than a sub-forum, I believe a better solution is a "sticky" thread that stays at the top. I have added one to this forum for you to put your schematics in. We can move schematics into similar threads - if you care to point to the ones which need moving, I will be happy to do that.

Edit: The point being, you now have a whole sub-forum exclusively for this build. You can create as many new subject-threads as you want - perhaps one for the deflection circuitry discussion, one for power supplies... whatever. Or, you can keep it all in one very long single post like it is now. Up to you.
Andrew Davie
"Gomez!", "Oh Morticia."

Postby Harry Dalek » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:24 pm

Andrew Davie wrote:
Rather than a sub-forum, I believe a better solution is a "sticky" thread that stays at the top. I have added one to this forum for you to put your schematics in. We can move schematics into similar threads - if you care to point to the ones which need moving, I will be happy to do that.

Edit: The point being, you now have a whole sub-forum exclusively for this build. You can create as many new subject-threads as you want - perhaps one for the deflection circuitry discussion, one for power supplies... whatever. Or, you can keep it all in one very long single post like it is now. Up to you.

Thanks i had a look that folder will be useful of others and me looking back trying to remember and not make the same mistakes ...
I think i like it all in a row apart from perhaps hints and schematics but i will have a think about it .
I am happy to report here it pretty much a working a 32 line monitor...... at the moment :wink:i will do another post with todays results but The Tasmanian Devil vcr139 A for Andrew is born.
It would be nice to keep the 32 line option but i want more .. 8)
Attachments
IMG_2553.JPG
IMG_2553.JPG (314.72 KiB) Viewed 24424 times
Harry Dalek

Postby Harry Dalek » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:06 pm

Well i spent the morning first replacing R611 on IC603 with a 22k i still had major problems with the shading and playing of files so looked at the opto video driver circuit here i found 3 problems i had forgot to solder the contrast control trimmer to pin 2 of ic303 and R304 test point 3B i had a 820 ohm resistor not 8.2k my eyes had deceived me plus the 10k R301 was missing i just soldered a wire to the 12 volt supply ....naughty Harry :roll: ..fixed those problems and adjusting the the audio level on the desktop it worked....no more mistakes it seems this time :P

The monitor works well the audio level needs to be correct once set on different videos all i had to do was adjust the contrast and black level brightness control again works well.

I like the focus control on this tube it works fine if not better than the 3bp1 tube version .

Its a better monitor in less messy wiring ......At the moment i have to still reverse the horizontal deflection plate connections and put a 12 volt regulator in for the low power supply circuit and mount some panel controls ..its 32 line now 60 line would be a nice next step.

youtu.be/_atC0w9U6OY

youtu.be/n8_ehwI-vIc
Attachments
IMG_2500.JPG
IMG_2500.JPG (134.17 KiB) Viewed 24421 times
IMG_2578.JPG
IMG_2578.JPG (165.29 KiB) Viewed 24421 times
IMG_2541.JPG
IMG_2541.JPG (333.93 KiB) Viewed 24421 times
IMG_2535.JPG
IMG_2535.JPG (320.06 KiB) Viewed 24421 times
IMG_2532.JPG
IMG_2532.JPG (324.94 KiB) Viewed 24421 times
IMG_2514.JPG
IMG_2514.JPG (352.31 KiB) Viewed 24421 times
Harry Dalek

Postby Andrew Davie » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:37 pm

Big thumbs-up. Congratulations! It looks awesome. I'll have to send you my other tube to play with.
Andrew Davie
"Gomez!", "Oh Morticia."

Postby Harry Dalek » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:13 pm

Steve Anderson wrote:Well done Harry, far less problems with this one than the last.
If you let me know what you amended I'll have a look at updating the circuits. When I drew up the diagrams I was working 'blind', i.e. I hadn't built the circuits myself so I expected there would be some AOT required (Adjust On Test). All in all a great result.
Steve A.

Steve
I have put every thing i can think of changes to this in Schematics attached to this Subject if theres any thing you can think of improving you can add it there i know my power supply could be improved just what i used .

Flipping the picture around a quick horizontal scan :wink:
I also by mistake which i am now happy i did played a 60 line video into this it shows 2 pictures side by side but proves your circuits can handle 60 line ...a change to the line scan and deflection plates and unless i am missing some thing more than possible .
Attachments
IMG_2590.JPG
IMG_2590.JPG (145.29 KiB) Viewed 24417 times
IMG_2521.JPG
IMG_2521.JPG (69.54 KiB) Viewed 24417 times
Harry Dalek

Postby Harry Dalek » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:20 pm

Andrew Davie wrote:Big thumbs-up. Congratulations! It looks awesome. I'll have to send you my other tube to play with.

Thanks Andrew its better than i expected and there was sort of no in between getting it going first would only play one video ..due to my mistakes then every thing ..i am glad i didn't have to bother Steve to much on this one he can put hes feet up and watch :wink:
Yes i will have to buy that one off you some time if you want its nice to give them a life .
Harry Dalek

Postby Steve Anderson » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:37 pm

The circuits with a bit of adjustment should quite happily handle 120-lines at 50Hz, perhaps more. Some time-constants in the timebases will need changing, but that's about it really.

Steve A.
Steve Anderson

Postby Andrew Davie » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:57 pm

Harry Dalek wrote:
Andrew Davie wrote:Big thumbs-up. Congratulations! It looks awesome. I'll have to send you my other tube to play with.

Thanks Andrew its better than i expected and there was sort of no in between getting it going first would only play one video ..due to my mistakes then every thing ..i am glad i didn't have to bother Steve to much on this one he can put hes feet up and watch :wink:
Yes i will have to buy that one off you some time if you want its nice to give them a life .

You can have it for free, if you intend to try and make something with it. I'm afraid it's not very scarce; a DG7-32.
Andrew Davie
"Gomez!", "Oh Morticia."

Postby Steve Anderson » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:57 pm

Harry Dalek wrote:...I am glad i didn't have to bother Steve to much on this one he can put hes feet up and watch.

Harry, or anyone else, if I can help I will. Harry is now proficient in building these sort of CRT monitors, he's actually built more than I have! So all kudos to him. I have nothing more to say.

Steve A.
Steve Anderson

Postby Harry Dalek » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:36 pm

Steve Anderson wrote:The circuits with a bit of adjustment should quite happily handle 120-lines at 50Hz, perhaps more. Some time-constants in the timebases will need changing, but that's about it really.

Steve A.

Hi Steve
Arrr thats reassuring i like reassuring:D
i will do 60 line next then i will go to 120 line after that i would need to do a flying spot scanner for the video signal something to think about .
Harry Dalek

PreviousNext

Return to The Tasmanian Devil VCR139....A for Andrew