Watching Baird 15 lines FSC format without a receiver.

Software related to NBTV.

Watching Baird 15 lines FSC format without a receiver.

Postby emeaexe » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:54 am

Hey guys! Glad to be back.
It's been a time since I started playing around with Gary's software VIDEO2NBTV and NBTVTheBigPicture! (Really, really thank you, Gary. This sotware, in special Video2nbtv makes everything a lot easier).
Now, I've noticed that Video2Nbtv has an option for converting digital videos to wav files with the Baird 15-line Frame Secuential Color standard, which I really wanna try out, since I'm looking for the fewer things possible on a television system. -Making it minnilalist, just that.
Anyway, problem is no nbtvTheBigPicture nor the NBSC player by Domic Beesley (Also, really thank you) support that standard. And I've seen a specific video on youtube showing an exerpt of that standard. The video description says it was converted back to video with the aid of a program called NBVTanalyser, which I can't find online for download.
Plus, I don't have a mechanical televisor that can show that standard, nor plan building one before checking it works as I expect it to.
Is there a way of playing back this standard on a computer? Maybe use NBTVAnalyzer? In which case, where do I find it?

I appreciate this forum and I'm sure you'll help me,
Besht wishes, Max.
emeaexe
"Fester, enough of the light-bulbs!"

Re: Watching Baird 15 lines FSC format without a receiver.

Postby Harry Dalek » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:50 pm

emeaexe wrote:Hey guys! Glad to be back.
It's been a time since I started playing around with Gary's software VIDEO2NBTV and NBTVTheBigPicture! (Really, really thank you, Gary. This sotware, in special Video2nbtv makes everything a lot easier).
Now, I've noticed that Video2Nbtv has an option for converting digital videos to wav files with the Baird 15-line Frame Secuential Color standard, which I really wanna try out, since I'm looking for the fewer things possible on a television system. -Making it minnilalist, just that.
Anyway, problem is no nbtvTheBigPicture nor the NBSC player by Domic Beesley (Also, really thank you) support that standard. And I've seen a specific video on youtube showing an exerpt of that standard. The video description says it was converted back to video with the aid of a program called NBVTanalyser, which I can't find online for download.
Plus, I don't have a mechanical televisor that can show that standard, nor plan building one before checking it works as I expect it to.
Is there a way of playing back this standard on a computer? Maybe use NBTVAnalyzer? In which case, where do I find it?

I appreciate this forum and I'm sure you'll help me,
Besht wishes, Max.

MAX Gary has left the forum .
On 15 line FSC yes there is no player for it you have to make a monitor of some sort ,i came close trying a CRT FSC monitor but during the build i was getting raster burn every time i was switching off the monitor the deflection amplifiers were switching off before the EHT so there went my nice CRT and i put it aside till i come across another one day , so that was sort of a fail apart from i worked out a simple FSC switching of the video than my over thought complex first version not perfect but would work .
it was to switch the video to the 3 colour crt video amplifiers or you could use the idea for a mechanical monitor ...i still have it need to draw it up as a schematic i don't recall if i drew one up .
If NBTVAnalyzer is Garys software he didn't release some of hes work .
I would expect it does work as you can see the colour frames as shades of gray
You can see it working here input video to the switching circuit , i could get the R G B out of the 4066 , only problem was there was nothing on start up to tell which colour frame was first so could be BGR out of the colour channels but it always stayed correct to that sequence till switching off and on again so a reset switch one or 2 go's and you would get the correct sequence and it would just stay correct ...
Never worked out if there was some difference in timing to lock onto the same first colour frame start first time .
As i recall its a 555 clock synced to count to 3 timer feeding a 4066 which switches the colour video channels and you can use that for led circuits or for a crt as i was trying
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2586&hilit=fsc&start=30
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Re: Watching Baird 15 lines FSC format without a receiver.

Postby smeezekitty » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:21 pm

I just wrote up a little viewer. You have to load a .wav file from the command line so it isn't the most user friendly but this should work.
Attachments
baird_fsc.zip
(837.53 KiB) Downloaded 661 times
smeezekitty
Just nod and pretend you understand me

Return to Software