Sorry...

Links to relevant web sites, copies of patent documents and newspaper and magazine articles. Feel free to post relevant items here. This forum is moderated and non-relevant postings will be deleted.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

Sorry...

Postby gary » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:43 pm

...I just had to do it! (There was only one forum left!) ;-)

I was waiting for coins to drop out of the bottom of my screen...

(Moderators feel free to remove this piece of narcissistic indulgence any time you deem fit).
Attachments
jackpot.jpg
jackpot.jpg (30.6 KiB) Viewed 6482 times
gary

Postby Steve Anderson » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:32 pm

That's not fair! Us three have six wheels to spin...

...if you really must know it's so Andrew, Dave and I can talk about you all without you knowing....tee hee...

...seriously, it was of great use during the spam bombardment at the end of last year and the beginning of this. This additional forum did help eradicate the problem, well, at least for the time being...

Steve A.
Attachments
Not Fair.jpg
Not Fair.jpg (39.19 KiB) Viewed 6477 times
Steve Anderson
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Postby Dave Moll » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:34 am

Has something been edited out of this thread? As it stands, it doesn't seem to make sense - at least to me, anyway.

... or maybe I'm just missing something - wouldn't be the first time!
Dave Moll
Anyone have a spare straightjacket?

Postby gary » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:20 am

Dave Moll wrote:Has something been edited out of this thread? As it stands, it doesn't seem to make sense - at least to me, anyway.

... or maybe I'm just missing something - wouldn't be the first time!

Nah, you've not missed anything Dave, nothing worthwhile anyway, it's just that, by pure coincidence, I had the last post in each of the first 4 forums (I guess things are quiet on the NBTV front at the moment), and I just HAD to add something to this forum to complete the set - if you played the slot machines at all (and I hope you don't!) you would know that lining up 5 of a kind generally results in a jackpot with (in my day) coins falling into the tray below the reels - hence my allusion to a jackpot.

Just a poor attempt at a little humour - but, as you can see by the title of the thread, I did apologise in advance ;-)

Steve, are you sure that the 6th "secret" forum isn't actually a repository for more of this kind of NBTV material?
http://www.taswegian.com/NBTV/forum/viewtopic.php?t=132

(If it is I want in... ;-))
gary

Postby Steve Anderson » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:18 pm

gary wrote:Steve, are you sure that the 6th "secret" forum isn't actually a repository for more of this kind of NBTV material?
http://www.taswegian.com/NBTV/forum/viewtopic.php?t=132

(If it is I want in... ;-))

Sorry to get your hopes up, but it's actually quite boring, just items mainly relating to the spam blitz of last year and other forum management items. e.g. the "Culling Members" item of Andrew...which was a result of said spam blitz, we had a quick discussion between us if it should go ahead, which it did.....and just alerting each other if a new member looks suspicious...things of that nature.

Behind the scenes we do keep a close eye on what's going on...but as you can see the last posting was nearly a month ago...so apart from the odd thing it's generally very quiet in there. It's nothing unusual, most forums have a similar arrangement where mods and admin can keep in contact and provides a record of what was decided which might be lost if otherwise conducted by e-mail or PMs.

Steve A.
Steve Anderson
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Postby Dave Moll » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:11 am

Thank you for the explanation, Gary. I hadn't made the association with slot machines (or "one-armed bandits") - not being into such things.
Dave Moll
Anyone have a spare straightjacket?

Return to Resources