Baird Patent GB 373 196

Links to relevant web sites, copies of patent documents and newspaper and magazine articles. Feel free to post relevant items here. This forum is moderated and non-relevant postings will be deleted.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

Baird Patent GB 373 196

Postby Steve Anderson » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:08 pm

Does anyone have a copy of Bairds' patent GB 373 196, granted in 1932? It is regarding the Volumetric TV item in the current letter without which it's hard to start from zero. I have asked Jeremy but he doesn't have access to it. I've also done some 'Googling' without success, the many patent search engines also coming up with nothing.

Can anyone help?

Steve A.
Steve Anderson
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Re: Baird Patent GB 373 196

Postby gary » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:02 pm

Steve Anderson wrote:Does anyone have a copy of Bairds' patent GB 373 196, granted in 1932? It is regarding the Volumetric TV item in the current letter without which it's hard to start from zero. I have asked Jeremy but he doesn't have access to it. I've also done some 'Googling' without success, the many patent search engines also coming up with nothing.

Can anyone help?

Steve A.

I know where you can get it! It's in a very obscure hard to find place... Just send me $2.00 and it's yours!

In fact I am so sure you will buy it I'll tell you now:

http://www.taswegian.com/NBTV/forum/viewtopic.php?t=210

I'll pick up the $2.00 next time I'm in your neck of the woods.

:wink:
gary

Re: Baird Patent GB 373 196

Postby Steve Anderson » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:21 pm

gary wrote:In fact I am so sure you will buy it I'll tell you now:

http://www.taswegian.com/NBTV/forum/viewtopic.php?t=210

I'll pick up the $2.00 next time I'm in your neck of the woods.

Really, I did look through them! I quess it's my numerical dyslexia...I'm already a member of the DNA, the National Dyslexia Association but they don't cover digits.

Steve A.
Steve Anderson

Postby gary » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:15 pm

Ha ha! But seriously a BIG thanks to Stephen for posting all those patents etc, I find I often make reference to them for this that and the other thing (thanks also to all the other contributors of course).

He doesn't seem to have posted for a while I hope he is well and just enjoying a brief respite.
gary

Postby Don Tomkins » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:14 am

Steve,

One of the easiest ways of accessing patents and patent applications is through gb.espacnet.com. You can get to this by simply googling 'UK Patents'. Once there you can search by a variety of options but a number search is very quick. This then allows you to save and download a synopsis or the original document. It also allows you to search for international patents. I went straight to GB373196. hope this helps.

Don T.
Don Tomkins
"Fester, enough of the light-bulbs!"

Postby Steve Anderson » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:38 pm

Thanks Don,

Noted for the future, others surely will make use of that information too. As the patent I sought was already here on the forum...how embarrassing!...no more searching for that one required.

Thanks.

Steve A.
Steve Anderson

Return to Resources