Denes_v._Mihaly

Links to relevant web sites, copies of patent documents and newspaper and magazine articles. Feel free to post relevant items here. This forum is moderated and non-relevant postings will be deleted.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

Denes_v._Mihaly

Postby Harry Dalek » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:55 pm

I wish i could read german this looks interesting ...we need the skills of DrZarkov !
Attachments
Denes_v._Mihaly_-_Das_elektrische_Fernsehen_und_das_Telehor.pdf
(5.19 MiB) Downloaded 512 times
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Postby DrZarkov » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:15 am

I read that little book, it was really very interesting. Maybe it is worth to translate some parts of it. (I wonder who has the copyrights?) Mihaly had big troubles in amplifying the signal from the selen-cell, as valves needed alternating currance, and the differences in contrast and brightness was simply not enough. It was Baird who had the simple idea of a fast rotating disk with slots to "hack" the lightbeam. The result was not visible for the eye, but it resulted in an AC signal from the photoelectric cell, which was easy to amplify.
DrZarkov
I think I've had a cranial implosion.

Postby Harry Dalek » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:00 pm

DrZarkov wrote:I read that little book, it was really very interesting. Maybe it is worth to translate some parts of it. (I wonder who has the copyrights?) Mihaly had big troubles in amplifying the signal from the selen-cell, as valves needed alternating currance, and the differences in contrast and brightness was simply not enough. It was Baird who had the simple idea of a fast rotating disk with slots to "hack" the lightbeam. The result was not visible for the eye, but it resulted in an AC signal from the photoelectric cell, which was easy to amplify.

Thats interesting ,its something you need to think about they had to make both the camera and monitor work ...i sort of forget that they had it twice as hard or more ! we have the internet and a few ways to replace the camera that we know works ..

Thanks i think there is a way to turn a pdf from german or what ever to english ..i recall i did this on line site with one of your past postings on that guy that did the 625 polygon laser monitor that worked but i could not save it and it rejects the photos but it worked.

The copyright has run out i think don't think 20s or 30s tv systems ideas pays well.
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Return to Resources