Radio Hobbyist's Designbook.

Links to relevant web sites, copies of patent documents and newspaper and magazine articles. Feel free to post relevant items here. This forum is moderated and non-relevant postings will be deleted.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

Radio Hobbyist's Designbook.

Postby Steve Anderson » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:09 pm

This easy-to-read introduction is a must-have for anyone getting into electronics either as a hobbyist or a professional.

It's available as a free download from Hans Summer's site in five parts (link below). I'll quote the opening words on Hans's site...

RHdb - An Explanation

Radio Hobbyist’s Designbook or RHdb (for short) was designed to guide you into design of electronics apparatus that relates to radio. It assumes you know something about electronics but you can skip Chapters which cover familiar subjects. Mathematics needed in design is down to simple algebra and trigonometry. Topics cover the frequency spectrum of DC through VHF.

You must supply the brainpower. But RHdb can be your main reference, a guidance to reaching your personal hobby goal. RHdb is written in a sort of Reader’s Digest format: Short and to-the-point, covering things simply with a minimum of words.

In a manner similar to "The Art of Electronics", I wish it were around when I first picked up a soldering iron many years ago.

The author Len Anderson (no relation as far as I know) does mention that some familiarity with electronics would be useful but in my opinion not essential. I recommend you download it and keep it on your electronics bookshelf. Here's the link...

http://www.hanssummers.com/k6lha-design-book.html

Steve A.
Steve Anderson
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Re: Radio Hobbyist's Designbook.

Postby AncientBrit » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:07 pm

Excellent resource.

Well spotted Steve,

Cheers,

Graham
AncientBrit
Green padded cells are quite homely.