Mindsets Televisor Kit

Links to relevant web sites, copies of patent documents and newspaper and magazine articles. Feel free to post relevant items here. This forum is moderated and non-relevant postings will be deleted.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

Mindsets Televisor Kit

Postby Harry Dalek » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:54 pm

The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Re: Mindsets Televisor Kit

Postby Dave Moll » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:21 pm

This has been discussed here before, most recently in this thread.

For the price, it's not a bad little demonstration of a mechanical television, working to the "club standard" of 32 lines with missing-pulse field synch.

I bought one back in the days when it was MUTR (Middlesex University Teaching Resources), before it became "Mindsets". Unfortunately the (rather flimsy) disc developed a warp that I've never managed to flatten out.
Dave Moll
Anyone have a spare straightjacket?

Re: Mindsets Televisor Kit

Postby Harry Dalek » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:55 pm

Dave Moll wrote:This has been discussed here before, most recently in this thread.

For the price, it's not a bad little demonstration of a mechanical television, working to the "club standard" of 32 lines with missing-pulse field synch.

I bought one back in the days when it was MUTR (Middlesex University Teaching Resources), before it became "Mindsets". Unfortunately the (rather flimsy) disc developed a warp that I've never managed to flatten out.

I knew of the MUTR Dave had not heard of the mindsets kit ,good for those wanting to make one of these without having to track down all the bits ,sorry to hear your disk got warped ,would not last long in my shed in summer if its that flimsy in the first place !
BTW this site forum has many old electronic kits shown from the 1930's on interesting seeing what was about .
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Return to Resources