Station nightly close before 24 hour transmitting

Links to relevant web sites, copies of patent documents and newspaper and magazine articles. Feel free to post relevant items here. This forum is moderated and non-relevant postings will be deleted.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

Station nightly close before 24 hour transmitting

Postby Harry Dalek » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:36 pm

Here's one i think Gary might remember as i sure do naughty boy i was staying up to late ,

youtu.be/qNxFu_uDRAI

youtu.be/fFy703E6PsE
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Re: Station nightly close before 24 hour transmitting

Postby gary » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:14 am

Indeed I do remember, Harry, I also remember that the days of the midnight closing were the last time there was anything worthwhile on after midnight.

(actually, that's not quite true as for a fair while after they stayed on after midnight they would have some good old movies and reruns then something happened and it's now just one big advertisement fest).
gary

Re: Station nightly close before 24 hour transmitting

Postby Harry Dalek » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:37 am

gary wrote:Indeed I do remember, Harry, I also remember that the days of the midnight closing were the last time there was anything worthwhile on after midnight.

(actually, that's not quite true as for a fair while after they stayed on after midnight they would have some good old movies and reruns then something happened and it's now just one big advertisement fest).

Yes that is true , i think it was channel 10 first started going the 24 hour broadcasts ,they pretty much put on a movie night ...least they tried back then now what ever is on would put you to sleep ...i could be wrong i think the 24 hour broadcasts started out on some days friday or saturday nights before going all week.
But yes i have fond memories of the movie nights check the tv week if it was worth staying up . :)
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Return to Resources