Calexico Chronicle 15 May 1930

Links to relevant web sites, copies of patent documents and newspaper and magazine articles. Feel free to post relevant items here. This forum is moderated and non-relevant postings will be deleted.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

Calexico Chronicle 15 May 1930

Postby Harry Dalek » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:31 pm

1894 Television must of failed only due to lack of a amplifier and light is a neon amazing he knew it would modulate at high speed.
Attachments
Screen 01354.jpg
Last edited by Harry Dalek on Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Re: Calexico Chronicle 15 May 1930

Postby Andrew Davie » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:46 am

... and perfectly square/rectangluar image, too!
Andrew Davie
"Gomez!", "Oh Morticia."

Postby Harry Dalek » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:08 pm

Andrew Davie wrote:... and perfectly square/rectangluar image, too!

I wish the inventor was mentioned as he should of got some credit .....apart from missing a light diffuser panel and amplifier he pretty much got it spot on , all Baird had to do was copy the idea and add an amplifier ...interesting its a drum design as you mentioned Andrew square image .
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek

Noah Steiner Amstutz 1894

Postby Harry Dalek » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:45 pm

I have an update on this post Noah Steiner Amstutz is the Inventor i finally found he's name and there was more than in the other paper ...I don't understand why he was forgotten in early television he pretty much invented it with out a Amplifier he's only down fall ...well it was 1894 no electronics
Greencastle Herald,Greencastle, Putnam County, 15 May 1930
Attachments
Screen 00041.jpg
Screen 00042.jpg
Screen 00042.jpg (277.21 KiB) Viewed 8647 times
Screen 00042.jpg
Screen 00042.jpg (308.02 KiB) Viewed 8647 times
Harry Dalek

Postby Harry Dalek » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:20 pm

I found a little more on this inventor and believe me it took some searching
Attachments
30_Dec_1934,_4_-_Evening_Star_at_Newspapers.com_-_2020-07-28_22.48.50.png
30_Dec_1934,_4_-_Evening_Star_at_Newspapers.com_-_2020-07-28_22.48.50.png (272.5 KiB) Viewed 8634 times
Screen 00071.jpg
img.jpg
img.jpg (219.92 KiB) Viewed 8634 times
Screen 00064.jpg
Screen 00064.jpg (98.68 KiB) Viewed 8634 times
Screen 00072.jpg
Screen 00072.jpg (127.9 KiB) Viewed 8634 times
Harry Dalek

Postby Harry Dalek » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:04 am

Looking at the television concept 1894 noticing the neon lamp some thing is up here as to the invention of the neon lamp cold cathode neon came much later how is this possible.....it does say in the 1894 concept equivalent of a neon so another gas or some one was speculating and wrote it in later / so a Geissler tube of some sort .

In 1857 the German physicist and glass blower Heinrich Geissler came up with a way of filling a partially evacuated glass tube with a range of gasses. Depending on which gas was used each would glow a different colour when connected to a high voltage electric supply.

The discovery of neon in 1898 by British scientists William Ramsay and Morris W. Travers included the observation of a brilliant red glow in Geissler tubes. Travers wrote, "the blaze of crimson light from the tube told its own story and was a sight to dwell upon and never forget.

Georges Claude
Inspired by Geissler tubes and by Daniel McFarlan Moore's invention of a nitrogen-based light (the "Moore tube"), Claude developed neon tube lighting to exploit the neon that was produced as a byproduct of his air liquefaction business.[10] These were all "glow discharge" tubes that generate light when an electric current is passed through the rarefied gas within the tube. Claude's first public demonstration of a large neon light was at the Paris Motor Show (Salon de l'Automobile et du Cycle), 3–18 December 1910.[11][12] Claude's first patent filing for his technologies in France was on 7 March 1910.

THE FATHER OF THE NEON LIGHTBULB: DANIEL McFARLAN MOORE
Moore's lasting legacy was his 1920 invention of the glow lamp. These small, low power devices use a physical principle called "coronal discharge." Moore mounted two electrodes close together in a bulb and added neon or argon gas improved the neon lamp for television around the time Baird stated experimenting .
Harry Dalek

Postby Andrew Davie » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:27 am

Henry Sutton's telephane pre-dates this by almost 10 years, so I think he should get the credit!
Andrew Davie
"Gomez!", "Oh Morticia."

Postby Harry Dalek » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:49 pm

Andrew Davie wrote:Henry Sutton's telephane pre-dates this by almost 10 years, so I think he should get the credit!

That's true on a concept television ...i looked into the history of the Melbourne cup claim on trove it came from a interview where he said it might be used one day to do this and the legend began ..there was nothing i could find that Henry made it ...does not mean he didn't but there's no record i have found still as with the 1894 version no amplifier means no light modulation ...
Harry Dalek

Return to Resources