First file.

If you wish to share NBTV-format media files, suitable for playback on a mechanical TV, please use this forum section to post them. Large files are OK.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

First file.

Postby Steve Anderson » Sat May 26, 2007 1:29 pm

The attached .wav file is my first attempt at creating a file in software, and I am no programmer!

It's not really a NBTV signal but a full-amplitude 1kHz sinewave sampled at 48kHz, 8-bit, mono for 30 seconds. I used this to confirm with a scope and a frequency counter that I had got it right. (I hope I'm not going to be shot down in flames)

It could be useful to confirm your soundcard can handle these signals and is on target as regards the sample rate. You might need to juggle volume controls (both software and hardware) to get a pure sinewave with no clipping.

If others could do the same I would really appreciate feedback.

For the life of me I can't figure out why the file is 2 bytes bigger than it should be however much I stare at the code.

The next one will be a NBTV signal which will allow polarity checking amongst other things. As yet I haven't been able to find any information on 8-bit .wav files regarding polarity. i.e. does FFh = most positive, or is it 00h? 8-bit wave files are of straight integer values, not in two's compliment like 16-bit files.

Steve A.
Attachments
48301kHz.WAV
(1.37 MiB) Downloaded 613 times
Steve Anderson
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Return to Images and Sound