8-Step Greyscale.

If you wish to share NBTV-format media files, suitable for playback on a mechanical TV, please use this forum section to post them. Large files are OK.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

Postby DrZarkov » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:38 pm

Your greyscale worked fine, even with the Amiga! There was a short circuit on board of the Amiga, which gave an overspil from the left to the right sound exit. I've fixed it, and it worked fine. I gave in Stuttgart a demonstration of the Amiga as a testcard generator.

I've made new version of the testcard generator using HTML, so it's not only usable on Amigas, but on any computer system. I will make an upload, but it is about 60 MB in total, so it will take some time... I hope this weekend.
DrZarkov
I think I've had a cranial implosion.

File sizes.

Postby Steve Anderson » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:45 pm

DrZarkov wrote:Your greyscale worked fine, even with the Amiga! I've made new version of the testcard generator using HTML, so it's not only usable on Amigas, but on any computer system. I will make an upload, but it is about 60 MB in total.

Volker, at the moment the maximum single file-size that can be uploaded is 20MB. This limit was set by Andrew and although I can change it I guess that Andrew had his reasons, so it's only fair that I get approval first.

So, for the moment wait until either Andrew, Dave or I give you the go-ahead. I don't want you to waste your time with failed uploads.

Steve A.
Steve Anderson
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Postby DrZarkov » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:24 pm

No problem, I'm going to upload it on my own webspace :)
DrZarkov
I think I've had a cranial implosion.

File sizes.

Postby Steve Anderson » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:01 pm

DrZarkov wrote:No problem, I'm going to upload it on my own webspace :)

Oh, OK. I presumed you were going to put it on here, no problem.

I've had a reply from Andrew and he's given both Dave and I permission to adjust file-size limits as needed. So for the moment we'll leave it at 20MB, but if anyone wishes to upload a single file larger than that, just let Dave or I know and we'll make the arrangements.

Steve A.
Steve Anderson

More test signals.

Postby Steve Anderson » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:39 pm

Dear All,

Attached is a Zip-file of some NBTV test waveforms I've generated and found useful in the past few months. They're not really for display, perhaps with the exception of the two greyscales, but more for testing sync seperators and the like in the presence of high-level signals, some at quite high frequencies (for NBTV). They're also useful in seeing how good or otherwise your sound card is at higher frequencies.

They're simple line-repetitive signals sampled at 48kHz, 8-bits and in mono. Zipping them reduced thier size enormously, from 2.88MB to usually under 20kB!

Next I intend to go onto lower frequencies, say all lines black except one, and the converse, mainly to test sync seperators again and observe the line tilt that is inevitable in an AC coupled system.

I hope a few of you might find them useful.

In time I will post real pictures, at first stills of famous (infamous) persons, then onto converting the AVI output of a webcam into a NBTV-friendly format. But don't hold you breath!

Steve A.
Attachments
Test1.zip
(169.43 KiB) Downloaded 552 times
Steve Anderson

Previous

Return to Images and Sound