New 32-line song clip, corrected for scanning disc

If you wish to share NBTV-format media files, suitable for playback on a mechanical TV, please use this forum section to post them. Large files are OK.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

New 32-line song clip, corrected for scanning disc

Postby chris_vk3aml » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:22 pm

This is a conversion from a 1930-vintage film - Alexander Gray and Bernice Claire singing "With A Song In My Heart" - this FIRST HALF of the clip is corrected for the aperture distortion of a scanning disc.

The second half of this clip will be posted with aperture correction for the "BigPicture" program. Feel free to compare...!

Chris Long VK3AML - clip with disc aperture correction appended.
Attachments
SongInMyHeart_Part1_DISC_correction.wav
(19.13 MiB) Downloaded 628 times
chris_vk3aml

Postby chris_vk3aml » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:41 pm

The second half of this clip is posted with aperture correction suited to the "Big Picture" viewing program - about the same amount of boost, but applied at a higher turnover frequency owing to the smaller aperture.

Chris Long VK3AML - song clip attached.
Attachments
SongInMyHeart_Part2_BIGPICTURE_correction.wav
(13.69 MiB) Downloaded 656 times
chris_vk3aml

Postby Panrock » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:59 pm

Thanks. Interesting demonstration and a lovely song.

You can hear Andre Kostelanetz orchestral version HERE. This was once used as the sig for "Two Way Family Favourites".

I remember lying on the bunk bed of my A$1.50 per night hostel on South Terrace in Adelaide in 1975 and listening to it through earphones on my little radio. Even then, this sort of music was impossible to get in the UK, and it was great to find a genuine syrupy easy-listening station at last in Australia. Worth travelling half-way round the world for!

Steve O
Panrock
Green padded cells are quite homely.

Return to Images and Sound