32 line conversion from VK3AML's web cam.

If you wish to share NBTV-format media files, suitable for playback on a mechanical TV, please use this forum section to post them. Large files are OK.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

32 line conversion from VK3AML's web cam.

Postby chris_vk3aml » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:20 am

I did this 32-line conversion (attached) tonight as a test - I think the gamma is a bit high, but the biggest problem is that my webcam doesn't want to configure for anything other than 15 fps, so that a conversion to 12.5 fps results in considerable loss of the fluidity of motion.

Have other people noted this effect when using a webcam?

Chris Long VK3AML.
Attachments
CHRIS_VK3AML.wav
(9.49 MiB) Downloaded 672 times
chris_vk3aml

Postby AncientBrit » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:21 pm

Hi Chris,

I use a web cam with an .ocx to grab colour video for use in my MAC colour format.

What I have noticed is that besides the odd dropped frame, also there are times when a frame is repeated.

I trap this in the software by comparing frame content of the downconverted image.

If identical within 2 pixels in the green 2048-pixel frame then I drop the repeat frame.

The incoming frame rate depends on pix content, low light with more noise on the frame slows transfer from around 28fps to below 10fps. And there's not much I can do about that (apart from add light to the scene!)

Not sure if any of this is relevant.

Regards,

Graham
AncientBrit
Green padded cells are quite homely.

Return to Images and Sound