Test files

If you wish to share NBTV-format media files, suitable for playback on a mechanical TV, please use this forum section to post them. Large files are OK.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

Test files

Postby dominicbeesley » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:55 am

Hello all,

I'm quite new round here and have just started to play around with NBTV formats.

Please find attached my first go at producing 32 line "club standard" NBTV digitally.

The quality's not great (no filtering as such yet) but I'd be interested to know if this plays ok on other people's equipment. I've tried it in "The big picture and it looks ok but the line edges are a bit wobbly" not sure if this is down to the sampling being roughly 1% too slow (to make calculations easier!)

Any constructive comments appreciated, this is just a first go, if there's interest I'll add in other formats, sound, etc and try and make it fully configurable for trying out different "standards"

No prizes, but kudos, to the first person to identify the film...or any of the actors

Dom
Attachments
nbtv-test.zip
(12.04 MiB) Downloaded 684 times
dominicbeesley
Anyone have a spare straightjacket?

Postby Steve Anderson » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:20 am

Sorry, Dom, couldn't get it/them to run here...

Steve A.

After a closer look at hex level there appears to some errors in the header data. But then again I'm no expert...

Steve A.
Steve Anderson
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Postby gary » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:51 am

>but the line edges are a bit wobbly" not sure if this is down to the sampling being roughly 1% too slow (to make calculations easier!

Yes indeed, it is the cause of the wobbles, as each line is 110 samples long rather than 110.25, but because the sync pulses are solid a reasonable picture is still obtained.

For interests sake here is how the second item looks when timebase corrected (compressed to save space):
Attachments
two.avi
(9.13 MiB) Downloaded 581 times
gary

Postby dominicbeesley » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:24 am

Thanks Gary,

I'll work on getting better temporal alignment later, but for now I'm limited to working with "whole samples" for a line. Just been playing with 48kHz sample rate, much nicer!

I must say it's pretty watchable once the wobbles are sorted! That's inspired me I'm now off to see if I can get another cheap CD player...

Steve,

Any idea what the problem is, will the WAV just not play or are you playing them using a digital viewer. They're 16bit stereo 44.1kHz, with vision on left, no sound so far...I've been trying to get them to work with your interlaced colour viewer but jest get a mess of dots.

I've attached another file here, this one's in 8bit 48kHz mono and plays back (albeit with scrambled colours) in your interlaced player....hopefully you'll have more luck with this one...

Dom
Attachments
test.zip
(1.47 MiB) Downloaded 608 times
dominicbeesley
Anyone have a spare straightjacket?

Return to Images and Sound