Belgium television 1953

If you wish to share NBTV-format media files, suitable for playback on a mechanical TV, please use this forum section to post them. Large files are OK.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Andrew Davie, Steve Anderson

Belgium television 1953

Postby bigscreen » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:13 pm

Hi folks,
This are the testscreen and second startscreen from the Belgium television
like I remember me when I was a kid.
My parents buyed a first television in the year 1956.
I remember even the first screen from the daily news that started on 20:00hr. in the avening.
This sreen changed almost every 2 years or so.
I was hoping to find even a moviecapture from the second startscreen, while
there was a sound with it, a symphonic musical part with trompets, I dont know the name of it, I only know that it was something like
papaapapapap paapaaapaaa paapaapaapap papapaaaa....
The countdown from this creen before to start with the female commentator that told us what we would got to see this avening.

The first years that Belgian people that had the money to buy a television and a big H antenna on the roof did't mean that we could see any Dutch program, the Televisioncompagnie (first named: NRI and later on BRT) closed the doors on monday to clean the studio and do the needed service for the equipment. On other days there was only the dayly news and somethimes a cartoon and some philharmonic concert.
So that is why the Flamisch people had to change there antenna into the direction from France ( Rijsel), and to watch television with the france language that only some did undertand.
The most importand day to watch television was on the Belgian Television was wednesday and thursday, with the very popular flamisch(dutch)
series like Schipper naast Mathilde a sailorman and his wife, and for the children there was aunt Terry van Ginderen for the girls and onkel Bob Davidse for the boys with every wednesday afthernoon a fuilleton from
Kaptin Zeppos and puppet theatre from the milkiman "Mon en Tuur"

Best regards:Patrick
Attachments
testbeeldbelgischetelevisie.jpg
testbeeldbelgischetelevisie.jpg (45.72 KiB) Viewed 3306 times
brt_eurovision_logo_&_muziek_(19850529).jpg
brt_eurovision_logo_&_muziek_(19850529).jpg (24.67 KiB) Viewed 3306 times
0111.jpg
0111.jpg (35.12 KiB) Viewed 3306 times
RTF0testbeeld.jpg
RTF0testbeeld.jpg (15.52 KiB) Viewed 3303 times
bigscreen