Peter's book

Anything not specifically related to NBTV, but at least of some technical nature that might be of interest to NBTV members. Items for sale and links to retailers do not belong here.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Steve Anderson

Peter's book

Postby kareno » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:13 pm

I treated myself to an early christmas present this year and bought Peter Yanczer's book 'The mechanics of television'. A very interesting read for those planning on building a mechanical TV or camera.

For me, it filled in a lot of gaps in my knowledge. For example, I wasn't aware that srobes were used for studio lighting so as to ensure no interference with the video signal. Well worth the £22 or so.

I wasn't sure where I should post this but the 'off topic' section seemed most appropriate :)
kareno

Postby gary » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:06 am

Actually I don't think it is off topic at all.

The purchase of my own copy pre-dates my knowledge of the existence of the NBTVA - sometime in the early '90s - I wonder if there have been any revisions? Mine is dated 1987 (First edition). This was my first ever on-line purchase - via Amazon I think.

At the time it was US$20 - just AU$20.20 today - should have waited eh?

But seriously this is a must for the library of anyone serious about this hobby - thoroughly recommended.
gary

Return to Off Topic