NBTV Newsletter

Anything not specifically related to NBTV, but at least of some technical nature that might be of interest to NBTV members. Items for sale and links to retailers do not belong here.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Steve Anderson

Postby gary » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:59 pm

Dave Moll wrote:I'm pleased to report that mine also arrived yesterday.

Stop rubbing it in - please! ;-)
gary

Postby Steve Anderson » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:02 pm

Unless my copy arrives here on or before this Friday I won't get to see it. This Saturday I'll be returning to the UK for about two months and reading it will have to wait until I get back.

There's another advantage of an e-mailed version...I can pick that up anywhere in the world where there's an Internet connection.

This also means that what I have been working on will have to wait. I was hoping to make the deadline for the September issue, now I might just make the December print-run if I'm lucky.

Steve A.
Steve Anderson
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Postby Harry Dalek » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:49 pm

While on holiday in Queensland i was reading the newsletters from the first cd yes ..think there are 2 now ? but any way is it grant who first did it? i was reading an issue and it said any one who wanted a read of the newsletter before it was printed could get a email copy ...i suppose its step forward to what happens now ? :roll:
Harry Dalek

Postby Steve Anderson » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:33 pm

Just as a follow-up...my copy of Vol. 36 No. 4 arrived on Wednesday the 24th August. Has anybody not yet received theirs yet?

Steve A.

P.S. UK trip turned out to be 12 days...not two months!! Now back home...
Steve Anderson

Postby Harry Dalek » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:43 pm

Steve Anderson wrote:Just as a follow-up...my copy of Vol. 36 No. 4 arrived on Wednesday the 24th August. Has anybody not yet received theirs yet?

Steve A.

P.S. UK trip turned out to be 12 days...not two months!! Now back home...

Hi Steve ..looks like it got to Australia a week earlier as had mine for a few days before your post !

Just to let you know i just finished redoing your laser modulation circuit i am going to test it today ..had to fault find it for a while the diode i used after the 555 timer was causing the ramp to look wrong ...i think i used a tiny zener diode by mistake :oops:
The thing looks neater now and fingers crossed the added trany lights the laser ...
Harry Dalek

Previous

Return to Off Topic