The junk box

Anything not specifically related to NBTV, but at least of some technical nature that might be of interest to NBTV members. Items for sale and links to retailers do not belong here.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Steve Anderson

The junk box

Postby Harry Dalek » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:26 pm

You know when your work table gets to messy to work and gets to the point you have no idea where your parts have gone ? :oops:

And you know you brought some ic's but they are missing !

Well messy old harry has changed hes messy ways and is sorting he's junk box ....in fact i don't have a junk box with parts any more apart from a mixed circuit board junk box...

I have sat down sorted parts and listed all my ic's i have found arrrrr now i know what i have :wink:

Next step the transistors !

I don't know what any of you do when scrapping parts from a circuit boards ..i used to just use my soldering iron but i always had trouble with getting ics and ic sockets out .

I just got a new toy the Butan micro Torch and i am loving it it gets those little Electronic components out in no time ic's no problem now ..

Only problem i think its going to start a new junk box :shock:
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Re: The junk box

Postby M3DVQ » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:31 pm

harry dalek wrote:You know when your work table gets to messy to work

I sure do, cause that's the state it's in again right now!

I keep all my resistors, capacitors, logic ICs etc all sorted in a big Raaco drawer unit. All the odds and sods go in cheap plastic drawers from wilko.

harry dalek wrote:I don't know what any of you do when scrapping parts from a circuit boards ..i used to just use my soldering iron but i always had trouble with getting ics and ic sockets out .

I just got a new toy the Butan micro Torch and i am loving it it gets those little Electronic components out in no time ic's no problem now ..

I use a Black and Decker paint stripper...
M3DVQ
Just nod and pretend you understand me

Re: The junk box

Postby Harry Dalek » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:16 pm

Hi there

Yep i have no idea how the table ends up always they same way messy i know its no me ! ; )

I never thought of using one of those a paint stripper !

I find stripping parts is a lot easier these days ,just google the part and see if you have a nice find for a new project .

I have all my parts in plasic zip lock bags named ...my procedure is to put all say ics or transistors what ever together then i sort again from there ....unless they are resistors or caps i have to many of those so they stay at stage one ! :roll:
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Return to Off Topic