Electronics Australia mechanical television

Anything not specifically related to NBTV, but at least of some technical nature that might be of interest to NBTV members. Items for sale and links to retailers do not belong here.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Steve Anderson

Electronics Australia mechanical television

Postby Harry Dalek » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:18 pm

This is out of a 90s Electronics Australia on mechanical television
Attachments
early tv systems.jpg
page1
(929.99 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
early tv systems 001.jpg
page 2
(1 MiB) Downloaded 7 times
early tv systems 002.jpg
page 3
(1.02 MiB) Downloaded 7 times
early tv systems 003.jpg
page 4
(1.01 MiB) Downloaded 7 times
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Postby gary » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:20 pm

Thanks for posting that Harry, I had that edition but I haven't been able to find it since I last moved house 5 years ago - now I have a digital copy - cheers.
gary

Postby Harry Dalek » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:32 pm

gary wrote:Thanks for posting that Harry, I had that edition but I haven't been able to find it since I last moved house 5 years ago - now I have a digital copy - cheers.

Oh Gary you know i am in the same boat ..this week i cleared a bit of the shed i am checking the magazines out ....i forgot about this one so when i found it this time i scanned it right away .
Its been a few years since i looked at them and i still have not found the bit 2 or 3 page article on henry sutton ,,,i don't think it was an electronics Australia but on of the other local electronic mags of the time but still can't track it down .
BTW Do you have the 67 and dec 69 EA's on mechanical television ...if any ones in Tasmania in Hobart there's a second hand store there that has heaps up stairs...can't remember the name of the store but i would love to have brought more at the time .
Harry Dalek

Postby gary » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:59 am

harry dalek wrote:BTW Do you have the 67 and dec 69 EA's on mechanical television.

Alas in '67 & '69 I was still at school and on 2 bob-a-week pocket money so purchasing them was out of the question - however I do seem to recall seeing at least one of the articles (probably had access to the magazine through the school Radio Club) and those articles may have actually started my interest in mechanical TV.
gary

Postby Harry Dalek » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:58 pm

Theres a lot of 1968 ones on ebay but no 67 69 ones ...i will keep an eye out .

I have been collecting from the late 70's i didn't get interesting in electronics till 76 and started out with those tandy kits and the kits with springs .

late 60s i was more into stamp collecting !
Harry Dalek

Return to Off Topic