Idea for an NBTV iphone app

Anything not specifically related to NBTV, but at least of some technical nature that might be of interest to NBTV members. Items for sale and links to retailers do not belong here.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Steve Anderson

Idea for an NBTV iphone app

Postby unseen2 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:39 pm

Unfortunately I don't own an iphone nor do I know the first thing about programming but perhaps there is someone here who does.

What I thought would be an interesting app for People with mechanical televisors is one which takes the place of the light source by flashing various brightnesses across the screen.Heck,even colour would be possible.Then you can place the iphone behind your nickpow disk to view the image.

one interesting possibility is making the app convert video from the iphone's camera into that format,allowing anyone to easily film video for viewing on a mechanical tv.

So that's the pitch over with,is there anyone here who would consider using that technology if it existed?
"How many lines can she do? I've had 'er up to 65 myself."

"Would it be possible to get it up to 90?"

"Hah! 90! why in tarnation son would you be wanting to watch anything in such high definition!
unseen2
"Fester, enough of the light-bulbs!"

Postby dominicbeesley » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:13 am

Unfortunately that probably won't work. The screen can only be updated fairly slowly (i.e. about 50 times a second if you're lucky) for NBTV you'd need at least 100 times that fast to get anything like a picture from a Nipkow unless you ran it very slowly....might be an idea for slow scan telly though...

Dom
dominicbeesley
Anyone have a spare straightjacket?

Postby Donald » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:58 am

I have seen the same results as you described. :)
Donald
"Fester, enough of the light-bulbs!"

Return to Off Topic