SEEING SOUND With A Home-Made Oscillograph (Nov, 1936)

Anything not specifically related to NBTV, but at least of some technical nature that might be of interest to NBTV members. Items for sale and links to retailers do not belong here.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Steve Anderson

Postby DrZarkov » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:54 am

Of course I can't replace the loudspeaker, it won't work any more... For NBTV I would have to give the sync-signal to loudspeaker and modulate the laser. Unfortunally the necessery frequency of 400 Hz puts the mechanic in heavy vibrations, so I have to modify the machine to use as a NBTV monitor: The spring with the mirror will be replaced by a small mirror, mounted on a bridge between two small loudspeakers. Those loudspeakers will be modulated by the sync-signal of the Video-PCB (club circuit). More details and pictures I will send to Jeremy for the Newsletter.
DrZarkov
I think I've had a cranial implosion.

Postby Harry Dalek » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:58 am

DrZarkov wrote:Of course I can't replace the loudspeaker, it won't work any more... For NBTV I would have to give the sync-signal to loudspeaker and modulate the laser. Unfortunally the necessery frequency of 400 Hz puts the mechanic in heavy vibrations, so I have to modify the machine to use as a NBTV monitor: The spring with the mirror will be replaced by a small mirror, mounted on a bridge between two small loudspeakers. Those loudspeakers will be modulated by the sync-signal of the Video-PCB (club circuit). More details and pictures I will send to Jeremy for the Newsletter.

Good work there Doctor Z sounds like the speaker is working for vertical you can get a lot more movement from a hard drive voice coil but like you made that 30s scope design....love to see a video of it going.
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Previous

Return to Off Topic