The speed of light

Anything not specifically related to NBTV, but at least of some technical nature that might be of interest to NBTV members. Items for sale and links to retailers do not belong here.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Steve Anderson

Postby DrZarkov » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:34 pm

As we can see here in another thread is Viewmaster very close to a breakthrough in making a mechanical TV contact lense with the really smallest possible Nipkow disc. :lol:
DrZarkov
I think I've had a cranial implosion.

Postby Harry Dalek » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:45 pm

gary wrote:Harry! don't get interested and have a go at this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHECpEhJdB8

:shock: :wink:

No No but i could do with some plain old ones to see close !
I am just redoing the drums on the monitor i was working on so thats keeping me busy and i will have to debox the glow drum sstv i got as you know side tracked on that one ..
Going a bit off my topic thinking of the way and seeing Holtzmans monitor work with test cards, the small drum can be as slow as displaying a nonmoving test card and works like infact the way i wanted the sstv to work ..had me wondering ....see here i go again Gary ! that it would and could display nbtv test cards....Slow scan narrow band television SSNBTV mmmmmmmm
SO Yes Gary it could be here i go again ....but thanks to Holtzmans monitor idea it has helped me learn something i did know that you can display NBTV a frame at a time or sample a frame at a time a more correct way to say it i suppose.
Last edited by Harry Dalek on Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Postby Harry Dalek » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:06 pm

DrZarkov wrote:As we can see here in another thread is Viewmaster very close to a breakthrough in making a mechanical TV contact lense with the really smallest possible Nipkow disc. :lol:

Yes Doctor Z a steam punk eye display Albert must have very good eyes i am jealous :shock:
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Previous

Return to Off Topic