Joining up NBTV files

Anything not specifically related to NBTV, but at least of some technical nature that might be of interest to NBTV members. Items for sale and links to retailers do not belong here.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Steve Anderson

Joining up NBTV files

Postby Viewmaster » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:59 pm

Others may find this useful....
I am prepaing a medley of photos/images/video/music for demonstration.
I wished to join up many short NBTV files into one continuous one with added music of my choice so that it plays without any break on the CD player.

Audacity doesn't seem to have this facility to join files, but I have just downloaded Goldwave, and it does.

It's under tool/file merger.

One can choose the order the files they will be joined in and then finish up with one complete file. The music can be added to the other stereo track by pasting etc.

http://www.goldwave.com/
“One small step for a man,"......because he has Arthritis.
Albert.
Viewmaster
Frankenstein was my uncle.

Postby Klaas Robers » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:17 am

I also used Goldwave to assemble the NBTVA club CDs. It is a usefull program. Pity that it doesn't run on Vista and W7.

You may also leave the different parts as separate tracks on the CD and then record the CD in "Disc at once". In that case the signal continues without interruption from one track to the other. That is also done in the Club CDs and later on I did this too for the MUTR CD.
Klaas Robers
"Gomez!", "Oh Morticia."

Postby gary » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:44 am

Klaas, perhaps you refer to an older version of goldwave? The current version certainly runs on Vista (and purportedly W7 & W8 ).
gary

Postby Klaas Robers » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:44 am

I use a version 3.03. It is rather old, but is is a free version. I think that it is 16 bits program. I got the impression that W7 doesn't like 16 bits.....
Klaas Robers
"Gomez!", "Oh Morticia."

Postby M3DVQ » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:59 am

Klaas Robers wrote:I use a version 3.03. It is rather old, but is is a free version. I think that it is 16 bits program. I got the impression that W7 doesn't like 16 bits.....

Nope. Certainly not if it's the 64 bit version as you can't run 16 bit code when the CPU is running in 64 bit mode.
M3DVQ
Just nod and pretend you understand me

Postby gary » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:48 am

Not sure about the 64 bit OS's but 16 bit on 32 bit Vista is no problem.

But Klaas v3.03 was a shareware version (with limited uses) too as far as I can see so maybe your version is even older? (I can't verify if there ever WAS a free version but I seem to recall using many years ago - perhaps it was still shareware but no restrictions on the evaluation version).
gary

Postby Klaas Robers » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:40 am

Version 3.0.3 now and then asks me to donate some money, however I use it so seldomly that I don't see the use of that. But it helped me to learn the problems and the cures of them when making the NBTV club CDs.

This GoldWave is already more than 10 years old. I fear that it doesn't run without more on W7 or W8........
Klaas Robers
"Gomez!", "Oh Morticia."

Postby gary » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:38 am

Yes it will run on W7 32 bit - but not 64 bit. I am not sure about W8.

Of course it will always be possible to run it under Virtual PC on any OS.
gary

Return to Off Topic