1800's Alien

Anything not specifically related to NBTV, but at least of some technical nature that might be of interest to NBTV members. Items for sale and links to retailers do not belong here.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Steve Anderson

1800's Alien

Postby Harry Dalek » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:37 am

I find this photo very interesting as this is pre space age pre powered flight
Their idea of a Alien with antennas 1800's ! .... i wonder if this was the first ever idea of what an Alien should look like because as Dr Z would know and many cartoons and tv shows and such this was the model for one ...Now this was SCI FI WOW.
Attachments
126f4b1fcdc07ae1f723c24b1a014479.jpg
i wonder if this is the first ever idea of an Alien with antennas ?
126f4b1fcdc07ae1f723c24b1a014479.jpg (50.06 KiB) Viewed 14569 times
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Postby Metallica Man X » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:40 pm

Now that is interesting..especially cause his suit very much looks like the modern idea of a space suit!
I mostly lurk..don't be surprised when I actually post!
Metallica Man X
Master Craftsman

Postby Harry Dalek » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:04 pm

Metallica Man X wrote:Now that is interesting..especially cause his suit very much looks like the modern idea of a space suit!

Yes a space suit idea as well and the silver look of the first space pressure suits ...i am thinking its their idea of a Martian ... well done for the time looks better than some 50,s movie Aliens.
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek

Postby gary » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:03 pm

LOL, thanks Harry and it's not even April 1st...

http://www.blueskygallery.org/exhibitio ... berkman/#3

Clever, but contemporary, fellow. (EDIT: Stephen Berkman that is).
gary

Postby Harry Dalek » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:26 pm

gary wrote:LOL, thanks Harry and it's not even April 1st...

http://www.blueskygallery.org/exhibitio ... berkman/#3

Clever, but contemporary, fellow. (EDIT: Stephen Berkman that is).

Whoops got me ! very well done !
Harry Dalek

Postby gary » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:41 pm

For 19th century extraterrestrials read H.G. Well's War of the Worlds. - oh hell read it anyway - great story.

Note also, that "flying saucers" were first "seen" and reported AFTER the invention of the "Frisbee"... hmmmm....
gary

Postby Harry Dalek » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:25 pm

gary wrote:For 19th century extraterrestrials read H.G. Well's War of the Worlds. - oh hell read it anyway - great story.

Have never read the original would of been a more interesting solar system with martians....for sure .

Note also, that "flying saucers" were first "seen" and reported AFTER the invention of the "Frisbee"... hmmmm....

Trouble was it was Kenneth Arnolds UFO sighting and it wasn't a true saucer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Ar ... O_sighting
Harry Dalek

Postby gary » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:29 pm

Indeed he just said they were like stones skipping across water...

Like most things it was a newspaper that came up with the "buzz word"
gary

Postby Harry Dalek » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:45 pm

gary wrote:Indeed he just said they were like stones skipping across water...

Like most things it was a newspaper that came up with the "buzz word"

Trouble to with the stories of the UFO Occupants is no pressure suits or breathing apparatus its very unlikely they could breath our air or just being in the earths atmospheric pressure you'd have to be from a 100% copy of earth..perhaps they are time travelers ....or i would think breathing our air with the bugs in it as in war of the worlds would be fatal.
Harry Dalek

Postby gary » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:02 pm

Harry, there is no reason the occupants (if any) of a UFO couldn't breathe our air - if there WERE occupants they would almost certainly be residents of the planet earth - there is NOTHING in the term "Unidentified Flying Objects" that presumes they are extraterrestrial.

Of course the reports of UFO's doing 90 degree turns etc. is impossible for terrestrial OR extraterrestrial beings as it implies that they can withstand infinite acceleration, which is impossible in any kind of physics of which we are currently aware.
gary

Postby Harry Dalek » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:07 pm

gary wrote:Harry, there is no reason the occupants (if any) of a UFO couldn't breathe our air - if there WERE occupants they would almost certainly be residents of the planet earth - there is NOTHING in the term "Unidentified Flying Objects" that presumes they are extraterrestrial.

Its one big thing about Star trek put me off... beaming down to a planet and breathing the air ...like for some reason space suits are no longer needed a few hundred years from now ..i think it would be very very silly and deadly thing... to go to an earth like planet and not take into account the mix of gases in the air and the viruses and bacteria in the air ...

There very well could be other dimensions and then you have an earth copy or slight to very different earths then it is a bit of a worry they can travel between other dimensions universe to here ...i can see the lack of a pressure suit is logical...if they have done tests before breathing the different earths air!

Of course the reports of UFO's doing 90 degree turns etc. is impossible for terrestrial OR extraterrestrial beings as it implies that they can withstand infinite acceleration, which is impossible in any kind of physics of which we are currently aware.

Yes perhaps remote control robot control ...organic your mush ! if they have warp drive moving at high speed would seem to us they are moving fast but to them they are not even moving ....only the space time is moving around them .
Harry Dalek

Postby gary » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:19 pm

Harry Dalek wrote: if they have warp drive moving at high speed would seem to us they are moving fast but to them they are not even moving ....only the space time is moving around them .

Indeed - and all they would need is a personal black hole...
gary

Postby Harry Dalek » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:41 pm

gary wrote:Indeed - and all they would need is a personal black hole...

That used to be the case Nasa now seems to think its possible...i see it like people trying to fly in 1900 .

Most of the ideas of science tended to be dreamed up before it was invented for real ...Alien life sci fi or real we are real ....i hope :wink:
Harry Dalek

Postby gary » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:48 pm

Well NASA has given considerable support to the anthropological climate change scam - just like the Nobel institution, it is forever hence tainted and will be difficult to trust.
gary

Postby Harry Dalek » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:48 pm

gary wrote:Well NASA has given considerable support to the anthropological climate change scam - just like the Nobel institution, it is forever hence tainted and will be difficult to trust.

NASA i agree have got things wrong but they have done a lot of great things .

The climate always changes 600 million years ago the earth was a ice ball no land life at all unless it was frozen under mountains of ice... of cause it got warmer after than time thanks to the tectonic plates volcanoes causing rise in carbon dioxide levels ...i feel nature can out do any thing man gets up with cars and nasty places i used to work like BHP but like the planet Venus a little to much of one can cause a run away effect perhaps it might be better to be safe than sorry ...
I feel its really all a waste of time people will do only what they want if any level of climate change is caused by us humans we will only worry about the cost so do nothing or to little so its something for someone in the future ...so i hope your right ..
Harry Dalek

Next

Return to Off Topic