The Faraday effect with a twist

Anything not specifically related to NBTV, but at least of some technical nature that might be of interest to NBTV members. Items for sale and links to retailers do not belong here.

Moderators: Dave Moll, Steve Anderson

The Faraday effect with a twist

Postby Harry Dalek » Wed May 21, 2014 11:59 pm

Heres and interesting idea that got me thinking watching an episode of cosmos on Michael Faraday and hes experiment on light waves and magnetic fields .
I was surprised hes was able to do it .
I know these days its easy to modulate a laser but still not so easy for non solid state light this may well be a low tech way of doing it /
http://jesseenterprises.net/amsci/1970/ ... 11-fs.html

The filers are easy to make via 3D glasses this video shows you how the filters would work towards the end .
I think the light has to be of one colour for it to work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObdcScUEICM
Attachments
1970-11-01.jpeg
1970-11-01.jpeg (26.19 KiB) Viewed 4998 times
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Re: The Faraday effect with a twist

Postby Harry Dalek » Tue May 05, 2015 4:16 pm

I found this interesting faraday effect colour tv idea in these old issues of pratical television ,sequential color system no moving parts .
Attachments
Practical-Television-1959-07.pdf
(3.88 MiB) Downloaded 613 times
Practical-Television-1959-10.pdf
(3.21 MiB) Downloaded 583 times
The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end. If all the mass/energy in the Universe is considered a 'limit', then that would be the only real theoretical limit to the maximum frequency attainable.
Harry Dalek
"Fester! Don't do that to 'Thing'"

Return to Off Topic